The Fran fade

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not only is Iowa still ranked, they actually moved up 1 spot from last week when this was posted.

Yeah I thought they would lose yesterday but then again I didn't know Minnesota didn't even have a winning record

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Nothing is more hilarious than Hawkeye fans coming over to an ISU fan site and whining and complaining because the ISU fans won't worship them and their teams.

I guess ISU fans don't go to their sites and worship them, so they feel like they have to come over here and try to get us to praise them here. Just think about how dumb that is.... and a huge waste of time.

• Winner
Reactions: irish and GT25Ump

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Just think about how dumb that is.... and a huge waste of time.

And yet....

6jUNrvBq_400x400.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and HawkJRP

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Nothing is more hilarious than Hawkeye fans coming over to an ISU fan site and whining and complaining because the ISU fans won't worship them and their teams.

I guess ISU fans don't go to their sites and worship them, so they feel like they have to come over here and try to get us to praise them here. Just think about how dumb that is.... and a huge waste of time.
And then, to justify their behavior, they claim that ISU fans do the exact same thing on HokNation - or whatever their fan site is. It's been a long time since I visited an "in-state rivals" forum on a hoksite. However, most of what I read was 99.9% hok posters making fun of ISU, and an occasional "respectful" post by someone like mj4cy. I did NOT find any posts by Cyclones looking for validation of the success of the Cyclones. The mantle of ISU being a little brother (to which there may actually have been some proof during the McCarney or Rhoads years) officially passed to the Hokeyes (a number of years ago, I might add). What is my proof? Well, in many of these CF ISR forums, threads are littered with hok posters looking for approval from their big brother.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
And then, to justify their behavior, they claim that ISU fans do the exact same thing on HokNation - or whatever their fan site is. It's been a long time since I visited an "in-state rivals" forum on a hoksite. However, most of what I read was 99.9% hok posters making fun of ISU, and an occasional "respectful" post by someone like mj4cy. I did NOT find any posts by Cyclones looking for validation of the success of the Cyclones. The mantle of ISU being a little brother (to which there may actually have been some proof during the McCarney or Rhoads years) officially passed to the Hokeyes (a number of years ago, I might add). What is my proof? Well, in many of these CF ISR forums, threads are littered with hok posters looking for approval from their big brother.

I mean, what would you expect validation for this year?

There were some pretty obnoxious posts on HR before the season started from a few ISU fans that post here.

I wonder why they stopped.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yeah I thought they would lose yesterday but then again I didn't know Minnesota didn't even have a winning record

You were almost right until Garza came back on the court for the final five minutes.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You were almost right until Garza came back on the court for the final five minutes.

Sucks for us since we were both rooting for Minnesota. At least you only had to root for one team without a winning record this weekend, I had to do it for two!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

About two years ago I asked the trolls to post the threads that ISU fans start over on the hawk boards. Crickets was the response. I asked them to post threads that cyclone fans have a large share of posts on, once again crickets. That hawk fan base is here for some major validation.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Sucks for us since we were both rooting for Minnesota. At least you only had to root for one team without a winning record this weekend, I had to do it for two!

I didn't root for a single team this weekend that had a losing record. I'm glad ISU won as it stays a quad 1 win, but I wasn't rooting for or against you. Didn't even know the score until sunday morning.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't root for a single team this weekend that had a losing record. I'm glad ISU won as it stays a quad 1 win, but I wasn't rooting for or against you. Didn't even know the score until sunday morning.

You were rooting for Minnesota yesterday correct?

Help Support Us

Become a patron