*** Official Texas Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The announcers on TV said he moved back to the 5 I thought.
They did say that. They were wrong I believe. They said something like "Since Halliburton is out, so Jacobson had to move back to the 5, where he is more comfortable". That doesn't make any sense. Halliburton being out has no bearing on the front court positions, he's a PG. It caused Nixon to slide over to PG which I think has actually helped him play better. It didn't change anything for the front court guys. I think every time Jacobson was in the game today, he was alongside either Conditt or Young, just like he has been all year.

Now, Halliburton being out may have caused him to become more aggressive offensively, which helps. For the most part, I thought he just played a lot better against a team that was a little thin on the front court. Hopefully he keeps playing like that because he was an animal today. Him and Young playing that well along with Conditt being solid could win a few more games for us. That's clearly the strength of the team now.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

iTateU

May 17, 2019
Des Moines
Lose minutes to Conditt and a Freshman? I don't think you've been watching. And why would he go to a smaller school? I get that some of you really really hate Prohm, but wow.
What did I say have to do with Prohm? Solomon is averaging 20 min a game. That will be same next year no matter who in the world is coaching him (I am a Prohm defender) because he is an undersized 5 with two 7 footers on the roster. Unless you want to turn him into Mike J and launch 3's for another 10 minutes at the 4.

Weird that you go after the point I've repeatedly said means nothing and no one comments on the most intriguing part of the question. It's supposed to be food for thought, nothing more.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
What did I say have to do with Prohm? Solomon is averaging 20 min a game. That will be same next year no matter who in the world is coaching him (I am a Prohm defender) because he is an undersized 5 with two 7 footers on the roster. Unless you want to turn him into Mike J and launch 3's for another 10 minutes at the 4.

Weird that you go after the point I've repeatedly said means nothing and no one comments on the most intriguing part of the question. It's supposed to be food for thought, nothing more.

The "intriguing" part of the question is that it is not "intriguing" at all. It's just mud thrown on a good painting. The guys play one of their best games of the season, and you come on the game thread....and hey....."what if so and so transfers"? That's not food for thought. Start your own "what if Solo transfers" thread and see how that goes.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Neither red neck nor bigot, my hair is longer than your moms, and I grew up on military bases with every race.. next baseless liberal insult?? I just assume liberal because bigot and a redneck were your go to when someone hurt your feelings.

Time for the Cat Stevens BanHAMMER.....

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: aauummm

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Having 2 bigs really paid off this time. If you guard one guy, the other one has an open path or an open rebound. Nixon has gotten better since TH left. Our guys have some fight left in them. Is Zion in the doghouse now? Prohm said coaches decision to not play him today.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Good win! Happy for Jacobsen!

Any reason Zion didn't play? I missed the first half

I have no inside info, but my guess is that it is related to effort in practice. Naz mentioned that prohm was holding people accountable for effort in practice yesterday on the post game show.

• Informative
Reactions: Go2Guy and Snydes

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well, that was what we all expected, right?!?

1. Last week I posted that I thought Jacobson played really well on defense in the Kansas State win. Some of you geniuses disagreed with me and pointed to his 1-6 shooting and said he shouldn't play at all since Tyrese was out. Well no one should disagree with me today. He was great on offense and great on defense.

2. Last week I also said that Nixon should stop shooting 3's and shoot the long 2's since he makes most of those. Almost all of you disagreed with me there. And, again, I was right.

3. I'm not going to ***** about the size of the crowd, but I will ***** about the students not showing up. And I'll ***** that the guy that hit 4 shots to win the lawn mower got a louder ovation than our team did. And our team was just dominating. That was disappointing.

4. I know Texas was without their best player. But so were we.

5. I was my alternate seat location today, so I didn't have a great view, but it was pretty fun to see Tyrese involved in the game from the bench. Don't leave me, Tyrese ;)

6. This team is still playing hard. It's a weird deal where we either seem to blow teams out (Texas, Kansas State, Oklahoma) or we get blown out. But they keep fighting. Those of you with tickets for the last 3 games. Show up. You'll feel good if you do.

7. From section 204, row 14, I also though Lazard was Georges. But I'm not sure why the TV guys couldn't tell ;)

JSB we were so close but didn't meet (hearts from Sec 205;)) I'm not Pants but.....

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Having 2 bigs really paid off this time. If you guard one guy, the other one has an open path or an open rebound. Nixon has gotten better since TH left. Our guys have some fight left in them. Is Zion in the doghouse now? Prohm said coaches decision to not play him today.
Nixon seems to be better suited as a PG since he's not a reliable shooter. He's played his best since Halliburton went out.

I doubt Zion is in any doghouse. He hasn't been playing that well lately and we were rolling with playing two bigs at a time.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well great day in Ames today! Fun win by the men and a successful tailgate by @Cycsk!

Skipped pages 2-12 so anybody whining about a 30 pt win can start a new thread Mon nite depending on the outcome of the KU game. IMO the guys hadn't looked this good since the Seton Hall game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron