The Fran fade

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think losing Garza would be a much bigger blow than losing Wieskamp, which is a good thing considering Garza's not likely to leave. I'd say it's 90% likely both will be back next year.

And it's not even close. Garza draws so much attention and opens up the floor. Lil Weezy and Garza are a heck of a one-two combo though.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
And it's not even close. Garza draws so much attention and opens up the floor. Lil Weezy and Garza are a heck of a one-two combo though.
JW reminds me a little of Uthoff. He can be really good but then just totally disappears at times. He's a bit overrated, but a nice roll player.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Garza back for sure. He has no shot at being drafted.

Wieskamp feels 50/50. If he finishes the season well he can be a mid second rounder. If he comes back he'll be too old for what he is to ever get drafted imo.

I've heard Wieskamp is expected to come back and probably leave after his junior year. He loves Iowa City and his teammates I guess. There is still talk he could leave after this year though. He's not a fan of Fran and his girlfriend is a senior but I still think he'll be back

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I've heard Wieskamp is expected to come back and probably leave after his junior year. He loves Iowa City and his teammates I guess. There is still talk he could leave after this year though. He's not a fan of Fran and his girlfriend is a senior but I still think he'll be back
Is anyone a fan of Fran? Maybe his entitled children?

Reactions: joker and irish

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I stand by what I said, Iowa is going to be sweating on Selection Sunday.

Don't get me wrong, misery loves company, and I would love to see Fran snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, BUT...

Iowa's non-con is decent, the win vs TTech looks good. ESPN is talking up the B1G. If they win 2 or 3 more games (incl conf tournament) they will be in. .500 in conf, or 9-11 with a conf tournament win, they will get in.

It could be pretty sweaty though, if they only get 2 more wins...

I would think they will win 2-3 of their remaining games, plus a conf tournament game - WITH Frederick. So I think they are OK. Caveat is Frederick: if he is out, then who knows, maybe they lose out.

• Agree
Reactions: DMCYFAN

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Don't get me wrong, misery loves company, and I would love to see Fran snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, BUT...

Iowa's non-con is decent, the win vs TTech looks good. ESPN is talking up the B1G. If they win 2 or 3 more games (incl conf tournament) they will be in. .500 in conf, or 9-11 with a conf tournament win, they will get in.

It could be pretty sweaty though, if they only get 2 more wins...

I would think they will win 2-3 of their remaining games, plus a conf tournament game - WITH Frederick. So I think they are OK. Caveat is Frederick: if he is out, then who knows, maybe they lose out.
Sounds like Fredrick is out 6 to 8 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
JW reminds me a little of Uthoff. He can be really good but then just totally disappears at times. He's a bit overrated, but a nice roll player.
He's not a ROLE player. jfc

• Agree
Reactions: jmb

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Tell adjl that. :)
I can't stand Garza, but he is good and opens up the floor for everyone else. JW is a good shooter and sometimes gets to the bucket but has way more opportunities because everyone is focused on Garza. He also disappears a lot and when other teams want to shut him down, they do. That's why I would say a strong role player and not a star. He gets stats because of Garza. He's a perfect, sit in the corner and hit 3 guy. Nothing wrong with that. Every team needs them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron