All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Gotta run, but a quick search of defense netted these whoppers. I'll get better ones when I get time.

Iowa State will have arguably the best defense Iowa will face this year and for sure the best front 7

Purdy will be the best QB you see this year. Defense is another question but our defense is legit

Iowa wasn't even the best defense we faced in the non conference

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
While it is possible that if Goodson did accept Harbaugh's scholarship, that Harbaugh could have pulled it from him like Bama did from Purdy last minute as well. I doubt that would have happened to a talent like Goodson though that Harbaugh just flipped.

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jmb

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I need to see a lot of different posters, not the one guy you obsess about.
"Iowa State fans said their defense would be better than Iowa's!" (proceeds to quote one person that actually didn't say Iowa State had a better defense than Iowa's)

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
From the ISU side of replacing what leaves, should be talent upgrades at essentially every position (other than possibly Spears at LB).

Inexperience obviously, but no doubt higher ceiling players.

sorry to sidetrack the annoying troll fight.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
From the ISU side of replacing what leaves, should be talent upgrades at essentially every position (other than possibly Spears at LB).

Can you give a brief rundown?

Especially curious about WR, OL and DL.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

On offense, I'm not necessarily worried about the offensive line rather intrigued with who will end up in each spot. That could all change as well with someone coming in via a grad-transfer. On defense, I'm the most worried about the hole Spears is leaving. Hummel looks like he could be the guy, but I'm worried he's not going to be fast or quick enough against the offenses we play against.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Can you give a brief rundown?

Especially curious about WR, OL and DL.
Our WR core could be better than last year's. Our OL is a question mark. Our interior D-Line will drop off a little bit most likely, but our edges will be better with everyone coming back, including Bailey who missed almost the entire year.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Our WR core could be better than last year's. Our OL is a question mark. Our interior D-Line will drop off a little bit most likely, but our edges will be better with everyone coming back, including Bailey who missed almost the entire year.

Who steps in for Jones and Pettway?

The OL could be rough at the beginning of the year, it will be interesting to see how much they improve as the year progresses.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Who steps in for Jones and Pettway?

The OL could be rough at the beginning of the year, it will be interesting to see how much they improve as the year progresses.
Milton will move into the position Jones was playing, Xavier Hutchinson will probably move into the spot that Milton was playing, and Shaw will move into Pettway's position.