KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So they get rid of content specific to things that listeners actually care about and replace it with nationally syndicated non-sense. I always appreciated the local shows because it wasn't the same cyclical crap that the national broadcasts put out. The same regurgitated hot takes that made the rounds from one show to another.

With my job I rarely had availability to listen during their show but feel the loss none the less as it's just another step towards streamlining the same generic bull**** that exists in all media.

Can't wait to listen to Stephen A yell on the radio, because I don't get enough Stephen A yelling on my TV.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Just more of local/regional journalism taking an absolute beating.
CW hit this square on the head a month ago. He was trying to prepare for the Alabama game and couldn't find any actual sports stories about their upcoming season. All he could find were barstool type blogs.

This appears to be the sad future of local sports. Big markets will dominate everything.

The Associated Press doesn't even have a reporter in Iowa since they let Luke Meredith go.