2020 Nonconference Schedule and Beyond

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
IOWA STATE
2020 - @iowa, UNLV, South Dakota
2021 - Iowa, @UNLV, Northern Iowa
2022 - @iowa, Ohio, SE Missouri State
2023 - Iowa, @Ohio, Northern Iowa
2024 - @iowa, Arkansas State, North Dakota
2025 - Iowa, @Arkansas State, South Dakota
2026 - Bowling Green
2027 - @Bowling Green
2028 - Tulane
2029 - @Tulane

A few things.... Will Pollard ever have 3 home games to start the season?? Why do we keep playing away games vs MAC teams??

Why do we keep playing the same teams... for example how many times have we lined up against UNI, UNLV and Ohio recently?

If you are going to play home/away at MWC teams... go for better ones such as Air Force, San Diego State, Colorado State, New Mexico or Wyoming.

Finally... will Iowa renew thier contract after 2025?

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
I would like to keep Iowa and introduce Colorado St. as the new UNI.
The rivalry games are usually close and it gets us prepared to play the big boys in the Big 12.

• Disagree
Reactions: alarson and NWICY

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I predict I will not go to New Orleans for that game with Tulane.....I predict I will never go to New Orleans ever again and spend any tourist dollars.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAgronomist

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The rivalry games are usually close and it gets us prepared to play the big boys in the Big 12.

Dude, you poached my first reply.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
If Iowa doesn't want to renew we need to schedule at least one power 5. And let's play the cupcakes first two games and then power 5/Iowa game 3.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Why would Pollard switch out UNI, a guaranteed great gate, for Colorado State?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Right, because Tulane, Bowling Green, and Arkansas State are packed with opposing fans showing up.

I thought you were talking about replacing UNI? We never go there while the three schools you mentioned are home and home series.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
I want Iowa State to play in Fort Collins. A nice steady series in basketball and football. I guess I am just sick of playing UNI regardless of money or butts in seats.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The last game against Ohio was in 2003. The 2022-23 games were put on the books in 2015.

Last game against UNLV was 2008. The 2020-21 games were announced in 2008, just a few weeks after the game in Vegas.

The UNI series was set up back in 2012, and finally runs out in 2023.

Until the number of games changes, or there's another major conference shakeup, the non-conference pattern will continue to be: regional FCS, Iowa, mid-major.

I think ISU ends up netting more money by doing home-and-home than by simply buying single home games. Especially now that some mid-majors finally figured out they have some leverage and can command $1.2 million or more for a single contest. These are games that are being scheduled 10-12 years in advance.

Also, Campbell can use the games at Ohio and at Bowling Green for recruiting purposes. These are games where if your program is good enough, you should win home or away. As far as Tulane goes, it's a trip to New Orleans. And, their AD used to be at UNI and is JP's buddy.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd assume Iowa will keep the game vs. ISU so long as they keep winning.

It only becomes an issue if ISU miraculously beats their immortal beings.

I'm not sure how common it is for other P5 schools to do home and homes with mid-majors but it sure is the norm for ISU.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We played three home games to start the season this year, but I think we lucked into that because something fell through with scheduling and Pollard needed one game so he paid for that 72 point outing with no return trip.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'd assume Iowa will keep the game vs. ISU so long as they keep winning.

It only becomes an issue if ISU miraculously beats their immortal beings.

I'm not sure how common it is for other P5 schools to do home and homes with mid-majors but it sure is the norm for ISU.

Iowa will continue to play ISU as long as the money keeps piling up. ADs don’t care about the results unless the monetary benefit doesn’t match up.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Iowa will continue to play ISU as long as the money keeps piling up. ADs don’t care about the results unless the monetary benefit doesn’t match up.
Lolz.

Iowa and Iowa State will always play because that’s what the State (as in, government) says they’re going to do. Neither school is going to find some lame excuse to back out of it.

That was part of the explanation I received when I asked why we aren’t playing Minnesota on the Jack Trice anniversary. Because Jamie is only going to schedule one P5 non-conference a year—and by default, that’s Iowa.

Hope that helps.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Iowa and Iowa State will always play because that’s what the State (as in, government) says they’re going to do.

Myth. There's nothing on the books to that effect. It was tried a few times but nothing was ever passed.

Reactions: CyDude16