*** Official #14 Notre Dame VS IOWA STATE Camping World Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Seems pretty obvious he's very disappointed in this season and the coaching staff.

I think Campbell's philosophy is right for a place like Iowa State, that is, you can win by being better at detail than another team that may have more talent.

But I don't think this team backs it up very often.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Manning is just not getting it done as OC. We need to quit talking about the details and start working on it. I CAN HANDLE THE LOSING. WHAT I CAN'T HANDLE ARE THE SAME MISTAKES OVER AND OVER AND OVER. If something doesn't change we can expect the same thing next year. Things don't change just because you want them to.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’ve never liked manning. I’m not the idiots (and I guess you were one of them) that was happy he came back.
Lmao, good call jsb. I must have been happy Manning came back cause you said so. Actually, you’re one of the only idiots on here ******** about Campbell his first year here and was clueless about Rhoads being a poor coach right up to the end.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Manning is just not getting it done as OC. We need to quit talking about the details and start working on it. I CAN HANDLE THE LOSING. WHAT I CAN'T HANDLE ARE THE SAME MISTAKES OVER AND OVER AND OVER. If something doesn't change we can expect the same thing next year. Things don't change just because you want them to.
What’s the proper way to lose consistently?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Nope. Give me this OPPORTUNITY every time. Because a win against top-15 Notre Dame is huge. A win in the Cheez-It Bowl against Air Force or against Navy in the Liberty Bowl is yawn to the national perception. Doesn't do anything. Losing this game doesn't hurt us at all as Notre Dame was expected to win. Now I wish it was closer, but this program needs to embrace opportunities and cash in on them. That's a winning mentality. It's like saying we need to drop down to the MAC so maybe we can win a conference championship finally. Are you really happy and pumping your chest out in that case?

I'm definitely with you on this. This is definitely not the performance we wanted, but it is still good exposure. We could just have easily tanked against a nobody in another bowl so give me this game every time.

This really is on our offensive staff. Having this much time to prepare and coming out so flat is on them. Our coaches definitely need to change up our rituals going into games. Obviously what they have done the last few years hasn't worked.

We continually **** the bed early on big stages. Everyone says CMC is superstitious about uniforms, well maybe he needs to look at what they did for prep this game, the Iowa game, the KSU game and throw that **** out the window. In fact put it in a suitcase, give it to manning and send him packing.

Need to take a look at Memphis' OC. They move the ball.

Reactions: dirtyninety

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I think Campbell's philosophy is right for a place like Iowa State, that is, you can win by being better at detail than another team that may have more talent.

Agree completely. The gap between rhetoric and execution is enormous.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006

Very often? Tell me the last time we won the detail game?