*** Official #14 Notre Dame VS IOWA STATE Camping World Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Nah we are not completely outmatched by Notre Dame honestly. They have made plays and played pretty clean. We have not and the two turnovers are really the big difference right now. Both completely dumb turnovers too that can be avoided.

I agree with ya, re the two turnovers early was a killer, the score should be 10-6 instead of 20-6. We can still come back and win, if we don't keep turning the ball over to the Irish...GO Cyclones

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Disagree. I don't want to get rid of CMC, however, he's the one in charge, so he's responsible for Manning. If he refuses to force Manning to change his ways, or fire him, then it's on Matt.

I know for a fact CMC was extremely ticked earlier this season at Manning in the game we threw it 60+ times or whatever it was.

Manning is just inept..... plain and simple.

Agree, Manning is going to bring down Matts career. Manning should never be a OC at a P5 school.

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Have to be careful what you wish for, because sometimes you get it! Right about now, Navy in the Liberty Bowl looks a lot better! lol. Seriously, ISU can still win this game, but they will need to be perfect in the 2nd half. Let's Go State! Play SMART!
Whatever!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Agree. If you really think about it, ISU could have beat Oklahoma if they didn’t come up with a dumb two point throw, stood a chance to beat Iowa if our guys didn’t run into each other, would’ve beat Baylor without a defensive lapse at the end, and if Purdy could throw the football against Oklahoma State by not throwing off his back foot, this ISU team would be ranked now in the top 25. It’s these little things in almost every game that have killed us because this team is so damn close but finds a way to blow it themselves.

We're also a Purdy dive on a loose ball away from losing to UNI.

Issue is we're too conservative early and don't push the ball until we have no other choice. If we aired it out from the beginning, we maybe wouldn't have so many close games.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Losing in the margins... this game is not over. Seems like we have had our demons working overtime... bad turnovers, bad calls at critical moments and how could you have this list without the compulsory false start at first and goal at the two? Come on Cyclones! Turn this thing around!

Spam

May 21, 2008
This reminds me of that time when Monte Morris bought a Porsche for his Mom

• Funny
Reactions: Doc

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Again other than the hold and the false start...
These refs will not throw flags against ND on judgement calls like pass interference. If it’s obvious stuff like a false start they have to. But when Shaw is getting shoved and grabbed all over they won’t throw it.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Reminds me of the Alamo bowl where we have 1st and goal inside the 5 and we false start. Did it again today and probably twice last year. Just stupid. Play calling and formations are bad. Defense is decent considering we turned it over twice and also gave it over on 4th down.
The exact opposite of "winning in the margins."

Help Support Us

Become a patron