*** Official Kansas City VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Why doesn't Iowa State hire a seamstress to fix Tyrese's shorts the way he likes them so he doesn't need to fold over the waistband? The flapping tag sticking out back annoys me.

Along the line of annoying and pants....What was the deal with Hardnett for UMKC pulling down his pants all of the time?:eek:

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
CW has remarked about how little attention was paid to defense during Fred's tenure.

And yet the analytics don’t show that much difference is the effectiveness of either approach. Offense has been terrific under both coaches. Problem is we don’t have the shooters this year. Defense will have to be a Top 35 defense to give us a shot at the tourney.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I just don’t see how. We lack scoring punch and height in the guard court. What four would we play and who would give them a rest? Most of our four guard lineups had plenty of 6-5 type guys to help with defense and rebounding
Good points. Maybe he's thinking that the offensive motion would be better and we'd drive more to the hoop. It would mean Solo, Conditt and Jake would see decreased playing time.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Nice to see Jacobson have a good game. Also, Nixon hasn’t shot 50% from the floor in a single game yet this year.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I just don’t see how. We lack scoring punch and height in the guard court. What four would we play and who would give them a rest? Most of our four guard lineups had plenty of 6-5 type guys to help with defense and rebounding
Would our defense and rebounding dramatically decrease? Teams are exploiting having two bigs on defense, which leads to some of our rebounding issues.

We could start Jackson, bringing in the second big or Grill as needed. Jacobson does better as a small 5 anyways, but Conditt’s shot blocking and transition offense are probably needed

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't get why we have to "go" big or small. Just play what matches up best against the teams we play. Playing two bigs will pretty much be necessary against teams like Iowa, KU and Baylor off the top of my head. Teams like Seton Hall and most of the big 12 are probably better off as a 4 guard match up. No need to be married to one or another.

Help Support Us

Become a patron