Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

D

Deleted member 8507

What is the line on Con-Air McCaffery starting a tussle in Hilton?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This is what Iowa does every year under Fran. They look good to start the season off and then they start to fade. The process is fun to watch because so many Iowa fans get their hopes up only to get burned.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
He only had 8 scholarship players. We need Pemsl and Frederick back ASAP to get that back up to a 10 man rotation. Patrick coming back would be even better

I def want Pudgy-Pemsl back and playing in our game because I want one of our guys (maybe Jacobson) to give him a Nutt-Punch when the Refs aren't looking.
That fat, pudgy load needs to get slapped around for what he did last year.

• Creative
Reactions: Lafaester54

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This is what Iowa does every year under Fran. They look good to start the season off and then they start to fade. The process is fun to watch because so many Iowa fans get their hopes up only to get burned.

Yeah, it is almost like they have an extra 2 weeks of practice, they just play well together, but by the end of the season the other teams catch up and the lack of talent shows.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Except I don’t think they look good at all. TTU I was surprised by but that was more them looking young and shooting terrible too as opposed to Iowa looking good

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You are one to talk about making stuff up!!
I've learned a lot about the Hawks in my last few days here. Nunge is a good defender, but Weiscamp is not....that's my favorite one. Somehow Bcclone and his infinite knowledge of everything Iowa came up with that.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think Iowa's success to start the year comes from the low turnover from last year. Really only lost one starter for the most part. Everyone else came back. A lot of games to establish exactly what they want to do early in the year. Iowa State on the other hand has a lot to figure out this time of year. Especially after have a couple guys leave early to chase their NBA dream.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Iowa's "point guards"

Bohannon - 6-15 from the floor, 1 assist and 1 rebound

Connor - 2-6 from the floor, 1-4 from 3

Toussaint - 2-7 from the floor, 0-4 from 3

Yikes!
Connor and Toussaint are not 3 point shooters....news flash. Two of Connors 3's were end of shot clock situations 25 feet out. Toussaint had open looks against the zone but everyone knows that that's his weakness. If you plug Frederick in where Toussaint was and Iowa wins by 30. Connor and Toussaint both played well outside of 3 point shooting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've learned a lot about the Hawks in my last few days here. Nunge is a good defender, but Weiscamp is not....that's my favorite one. Somehow Bcclone and his infinite knowledge of everything Iowa came up with that.

I'm ready to learn about this advanced statistic you were telling us about that measures a players defense when he's an on the ball defender vs an off the ball defender. Can you provide that please?

• Funny
Reactions: cycloner29

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You've had a username for over a decade, you keep spelling Joe's last name wrong, are triggered about other posters, and are trying to bait people at falling for stats and are looking dumb doing it.
You also don't want people to see your posting history.

Take a step back or something.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Connor and Toussaint are not 3 point shooters....news flash. Two of Connors 3's were end of shot clock situations 25 feet out. Toussaint had open looks against the zone but everyone knows that that's his weakness. If you plug Frederick in where Toussaint was and Iowa wins by 30. Connor and Toussaint both played well outside of 3 point shooting.

So Connor can't shoot, handle the ball or play defense but still gets minutes. Thanks daddy!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Still haven't learned how to spell your best players name though....

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You've had a username for over a decade, you keep spelling Joe's last name wrong, are triggered about other posters, and are trying to bait people at falling for stats and are looking dumb doing it.
You also don't want people to see your posting history.

Take a step back or something.
I'm not triggered at all. I enjoy reading poster's thoughts on Iowa. It's hilarious to me how many people on here openly admit to not watching Iowa play but then still go on to tell you who is a good player and who is not. It's pure entertainment. Much like Fox News.

What stats am I trying to bait you with? I posted the box score and ytd stats taken from Hawkeye Sports. I posted a link to those stats at some point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron