cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
What if... Baylor wins?

they will not make it... I would guess the committee would put in:

a 2 loss Bama
a 2 loss Georgia (or, if Georgia beats LSU, they will put LSU and Georgia in)
a 2 loss Wisconsin (B10 champ) and 1 loss OSU (as a runner up in this scenario)
and a 1 loss Utah (PAC 12 Champ)

Probably missing someone else that would also jump baylor... but no, they are not getting in. If they win they will eliminate the B12. Right or wrong that is the way it is... I am not trying to argue that they do not belong. Just saying if it happens they will not get in.

EDIT: So, based on the latest Rankings Alabama is not getting in... but, I would still argue it is unlikely Baylor gets in with a win. Utah (with win), Wisconsin (with win), Georgia (win or lose close) would likely be in ahead of them.

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Looks like I continue to be right. Utah still ahead of Oklahoma this week.

Committee is trash.

They were still going to be trash if they bumped them above Utah (because there was no reason like what happened to Baylor getting bumped out the first year). It's nothing more than a political game for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. This isn't about finding the best team in America.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
If they do eye test **** they may feel Utah is better. I have a feeling Utah clobbers Oregon for style points. OU/Baylor probably going to be close regardless of who wins, but I think OU comes out on top.

I'd lean OU getting in over Utah though.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Not disagreeing with that.

Why didn't you answer this?

maybe I'm wrong here, but didn't you try to make the point that Utah with a win would be a more logical choice for the playoff because "Baylor's OOC is Trash"?

if that wasn't your point then apologizes. That was what I was responding to... Who gives a **** about OOC when the overall SOS is a much better barometer of the entire season.

full disclosure, I overstated the final sos numbers... Baylor is only 8 spots higher... I thought it was 12... I missremembered

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
maybe I'm wrong here, but didn't you try to make the point that Utah with a win would be a more logical choice for the playoff because "Baylor's OOC is Trash"?

if that wasn't your point then apologizes. That was what I was responding to... Who gives a **** about OOC when the overall SOS is a much better barometer of the entire season.

full disclosure, I overstated the final sos numbers... Baylor is only 8 spots higher... I thought it was 12... I missremembered
Yes you are wrong and you give a **** if you're this worked up.