***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t believe the Big 12 uses overall record as the tie breaker if 4 teams are tied in the conference standings.

The Big 12 doesn't use ANY tiebreaker beyond determining who plays in the conference championship game.

Bowls don't have to pick in order of conference finish, conference record, or overall record.

• Winner
Reactions: dualthreat

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So we're at a 4 way tie now. Means we're anywhere from the Alamo to the Liberty bowl. Sucks, but nothing can be done now. Just hope that the Texas or Camping World bowl picks us

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The Big 12 doesn't use ANY tiebreaker beyond determining who plays in the conference championship game.

Bowls don't have to pick in order of conference finish, conference record, or overall record.
I was under the impression they had to pick in order of conference record and ties were broken by the bowls picking whoever they wanted.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
From potentially playing nd in florida to potentially playing tennessee in Memphis. Well played isu. Well played.
I think playing Tennessee would be cool. Much better than playing Cincinnati or Memphis again. At least it would be an SEC Team + Johnny Majors can flip the coin again. That being said, the let down from potentially playing in Florida is big. Not as big as the 2002 debacle, but big enough. So, I think I'd enjoy playing the Vols @ Liberty Bowl! Easy drive too.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I was under the impression they had to pick in order of conference record and ties were broken by the bowls picking whoever they wanted.

Nope. Their criteria are whoever they think can sell the most tickets, spend the most money, and make for good TV.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
We're not going to that Alamo or CWB. Texas, Liberty, Cheezit are our possibilities.

And I’m banking on the Texas Bowl committee to do everything in their power to get that UT and A&M bowl game for the huge $$$$$$ and match up.

Meaning our only chance is the Cheez It Bowl so we’re not stuck in a horrible bowl match up in Memphis at probably one of the worst kick off times.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
So we're at a 4 way tie now. Means we're anywhere from the Alamo to the Liberty bowl. Sucks, but nothing can be done now. Just hope that the Texas or Camping World bowl picks us
At this time with the way this team is playing, I would rather they come here in Texas. Good for recruiting (bowling in Texas 2 years in a roll) and I just moved to Houston so I would be glad to save my money and just spend on tickets.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
And I’m banking on the Texas Bowl committee to do everything in their power to get that UT and A&M bowl game for the huge $$$$$$ and match up.

Meaning our only chance is the Cheez It Bowl so we’re not stuck in a horrible bowl match up in Memphis at probably one of the worst kick off times.
Memphis? Against Memphis again?