*** Official #13 Seton Hall VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Their resume also wasn’t as strong as Iowa States would probably be with this years schedule. We have one of the toughest non conference schedule and play the toughest conference schedule.
That's a fair point. I just don't know if I'd want to bank on that personally because at that point it's kinda out of our hands unless we win the Big 12 tournament again.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Gonna backtrack some on all the defending of the officiating....the last couple minutes of this game have been brutal with the lack of calls on SH, ugh, just a mugging at times

Brutal under the basket at the end. Very uneven calling of fouls, at the end. Must have been the blue jerseys.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Seton hall is really good. That said, the defensive performances we saw here aren’t good enough, not even close if they want to make the tourney. Offensively, there are going to be dry spells, just reality with this group. Can’t be giving up 90 points.

I feel better than I did coming into this tournament, tyrese might be good enough to get them in the tourney by himself.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I’m sure I’ll get attacked for this but here goes...this team may not win 20 games, they may not win 17, they may not make the NCAA tournament BUT....so far I have enjoyed watching this team more than last year! They certainly have things to improve (it’s only November) but they play way more together and have laid it all on the line - to this fan, that is fun to watch!! Go Cyclones!!!
Yeeeaaaahhhhh...... nah, give me the w's and the ncaa tournament

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
We’d be a 10 seed with this result assuming the B12 is decently strong this year. I’ll sign up for that right now.
I would take that in a heartbeat. 18 total wins should be the goal. I just hope we win out at home in the remaining non-conference games.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Already beginning the annual dose of misguided "this is exactly the number of wins required to make the tournament."

It used to annoy me a little, now I'm more amused than anything. People will learn with enough time.
It’s depressing as **** that we already know this isn’t an NCAA tourney team. And yet most fans don’t actually care because we’ll have a few games where we’re hitting 3’s and look good and that will be “good enough” - so we’ll make a bunch excuses and forget that it’s inexcusable for Iowa State to miss the dance 2 out of 3 years, much less show any signs of competing for a conference title.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
these predictions are kind of pointless. if we play well, we will be in for some close finishes. there are no bad teams in our league, and if we aren't a good shooting team, Hilton won't help us.

and if our D doesn't get better, every game we struggle shooting we're gonna lose.
At this point do you trust the defense getting better? Or our overall shooting to improve on a consistent basis?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It’s depressing as **** that we already know this isn’t an NCAA tourney team. And yet most fans don’t actually care because we’ll have a few games where we’re hitting 3’s and look good and that will be “good enough” - so we’ll make a bunch excuses and forget that it’s inexcusable for Iowa State to miss the dance 2 out of 3 years, much less show any signs of competing for a conference title.

Seven games in and you're giving up on the season? Have fun with your free time this winter.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009

Lol really??? We’ve lost to three good teams so far and overall have played pretty well IMO. It’s November!!! Every Phrom team has got better as the year went on!!! Calm the f$&k down, we’re only a few games in!!

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
No way 17 wins gets in the tournament, unless the bubble is the weakest ever, and Iowa St has wins over Kansas, Tech, and other top teams in the big 12.
So, you just gave two ways that it's possible in your "no way" 17 wins gets us in the tourney. Those are long shot ways though. I'll give you that.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We left the game to a dark resort, emergency power only. E power was not sufficient to run the water system...ie: no flushie for over three hours. Lights just came back on about a half hour ago.

All things considered...I think I'll stick with Maui.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I’d still like to see solo at 4 and condit at 5 with Zion and Jacobson as backups. Also Drove me crazy when they had numbers on a steal and then it hit Nixon’s hands everything had to stop so he could kill the possession all by himself. But it is what it is.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Glad to see you made it tonight too. Missed you yesterday.

And competing for a conference title? That’s so ******* ****** to say. We have won 2 in the history of the school.

Hopefully we win so you will go away. Kind of like Monte’s sr year.