Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sagarin has this as a 7 point game. That's pretty wild.
I wouldn't doubt it. The Ospreys of North Florida are not a pushover of a team. 4-1 on the year, only lost by 15 at Florida to begin the year, beat Southern Miss, and just put up 115 points against some no name but that's still impressive to do.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Plus, and I do not think I can emphasize this enough --

Russell Westbrook came out to high-five Deonte and tell him what a BA dunk that was. Guys like Westbrook are heroes to these players, living legends, in ways we will not understand. And Deonte gets to hang with and play with him.

While making bank.

The money, ego, fun, and unique life experiences that come with making and sticking with the NBA, even as a back-of-the-bench guy, are priceless to these guys. No, none of our guys are superstars or even full-time starters, but compared to the alternatives or even playing in Europe, our guys are killing it. Deonte will remember that moment the rest of his life. That is the sort of thing he tells his grandchildren about someday.

Glad Foster noticed that track record and that he would have a network of players and, by extension, coaches and front office staff into the NBA as a Cyclone when he would be mostly starting out on his own if he chose the Hawkeyes.

He chose wisely.

The bolded is what hok fan doesn’t get. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. When Deonte hangs with his boys from the hood I’m sure that gets brought up but I bet the thing that they think is REALLY COOL is getting that direct deposit in to you bank account every week for like 15 grand.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Iowa is likely to win against UNF and Cal-Poly. Yeah yeah, I know it is funny to think they might drop a game to one of them, but they are still likely to win them.

After that, though...

(LV) Texas Tech
(LV) Creighton / San Diego State
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
(IC) Minnesota
@ Iowa State
(Chi) Cincinnati

Bart Torvik has them favored in only one of those games -- home against MN.

They could go something like 1-6 or 2-5 against that.

Their season could be over before their third Big Ten game. Yikes.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa is likely to win against UNF and Cal-Poly. Yeah yeah, I know it is funny to think they might drop a game to one of them, but they are still likely to win them.

After that, though...

Texas Tech
Creighton / San Diego State
Syracuse
Michigan
Minnesota
Iowa State
Cincinnati

Bart Torvik has them favored in only one of those games -- home against MN.

They could go something like 1-6 or 2-5 against that.

Their season could be over before their third Big Ten game. Yikes.

I think Iowa is really going to struggle until the Murray twins redshirt freshman season. Then things should take off

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I know for a fact that her and Fran were in Cedar Rapids on Thursday, November 7th, eating pizza. Fran had 8 slices (hollow legs).

Just throwing out an actual fact.
Did she toss water in his face? Heard she's good at that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That would warm up Fran's seat quickly. If they lose one of the next two he might have to beat us just to keep his job
He's not getting fired this year, it would have to be after next year's season that the rumblings start. I do think if this is even remotely close of a game there will be a ton of fans that come unglued.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's not getting fired this year, it would have to be after next year's season that the rumblings start. I do think if this is even remotely close of a game there will be a ton of fans that come unglued.

I don't know unfortunately even the casual fans caught wind of his 2020 recruiting class and they're not happy

ISUalways

Jul 16, 2014
State of Iowa
What is the deal with coaches' spouses in Iowa City? First Ferentz's wife being an ass about that whole driveway deal and McCafferys' wife continuing to be a freaking nutjob with anger issues.
It's called entitlement. Ask Steve Alford about his time in Ia City.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't know unfortunately even the casual fans caught wind of his 2020 recruiting class and they're not happy
I agree, however they're still going to let him get by this season. Next year will be his make or break year. If they don't make the tournament next year I think he could be gone, however you really never know what Barta is going to do.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins