Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I agree, I thought something would be out there about it but maybe not. He said the people in his area saw it and couldn't believe she did that either and that she laughed all the way back to her seat and was telling everyone around her while she was laughing. He said it was a cup from the player's bench that she got during a timeout in the first half and he text me that at 7:31pm which it was a 7:00 game. But again, I have no reason to doubt him or why he would make that up. I just assumed the camera man was friends with Dolph and that's why she did it..
20191120194637.jpg

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I know for a fact that her and Fran were in Cedar Rapids on Thursday, November 7th, eating pizza. Fran had 8 slices (hollow legs).

Just throwing out an actual fact.

Why would anyone leave IC to go to CR for pizza?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
From Iowa's basketball signing press release:

JOSH OGUNDELE

“What attracted me to the University of Iowa was not only the coaches, but the team’s reputation of players, and how well they play and compete in the Big Ten. I also liked how the program has produced players in the NBA.”
This is probably the most absurd thing I've heard a recruit say since Rashad Vaughn said he picked UNLV because of their high powered offense, which averaged like 58 ppg.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The cup came from Iowa's team bench. She helps herself to the water, he said she has always done that. If you've never been to a game there with her around, she walks around like she owns the place because she basically does with Fran's contract. Its not hard to see how this happened. It's not made up, just because nobody posted it on twitter or you haven't heard about it on Hok Report doesn't mean it didn't happen. I've given you everything I know, I'm sorry I don't have video evidence but again my friend has absolutely zero reason to make up such an absurd story. And the others that sit near him are typical Carver fans, old blue hairs that read books during the game so I doubt any of them have a smart phone to post it on social media so you would have heard something more about it. I'll keep my information to myself going forward but I thought it was applicable to post what was given to me on an in-state rivals board where her ridiculous actions have been brought up numerous times..
Why are you so married to
The cup came from Iowa's team bench. She helps herself to the water, he said she has always done that. If you've never been to a game there with her around, she walks around like she owns the place because she basically does with Fran's contract. Its not hard to see how this happened. It's not made up, just because nobody posted it on twitter or you haven't heard about it on Hok Report doesn't mean it didn't happen. I've given you everything I know, I'm sorry I don't have video evidence but again my friend has absolutely zero reason to make up such an absurd story. And the others that sit near him are typical Carver fans, old blue hairs that read books during the game so I doubt any of them have a smart phone to post it on social media so you would have heard something more about it. I'll keep my information to myself going forward but I thought it was applicable to post what was given to me on an in-state rivals board where her ridiculous actions have been brought up numerous times..
why are you so married to this?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What is the deal with coaches' spouses in Iowa City? First Ferentz's wife being an ass about that whole driveway deal and McCafferys' wife continuing to be a freaking nutjob with anger issues.
Mama ferentz makes Stanley look svelte.

• Friendly
Reactions: dexterhawk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This is probably the most absurd thing I've heard a recruit say since Rashad Vaughn said he picked UNLV because of their high powered offense, which averaged like 58 ppg.
You don’t follow national politics.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts

Makes $1.4 million per year.

Dunks so hard that Russell ******* Westbrook was congratulating you on it.

Yeah, “Iowa State guys are only bench guys, Foster won’t care about that.”

But Deonte was basically a finished product when he got to campus, right? No development during his time at Iowa State, right? ... Right?

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

He said how they compete. Not because they win or are competitive. It may be due to their lack of competitiveness that he is talking about.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Makes $1.4 million per year.

Dunks so hard that Russell ******* Westbrook was congratulating you on it.

Yeah, “Iowa State guys are only bench guys, Foster won’t care about that.”

The most ridiculous part about that Hok argument is there really knocking their own program development of players who aren't even in the league making the minimum (sans an undrafted Cook) under Fran guidance.
The point is to get into the league and make 1+million not to work in IC selling insurance when you graduate. Only a hok fan would dilute themselves into believing staying in EIU and being a "Carver local legend" is preferable to a recruit over playing in the NBA even sitting on the bench.

• Winner
Reactions: cyguy9320

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The most ridiculous part about that Hok argument is there really knocking their own program development of players who aren't even in the league making the minimum (sans an undrafted Cook) under Fran guidance.
The point is to get into the league and make 1+million not to work in IC selling insurance when you graduate. Only a hok fan would dilute themselves into believing staying in EIU and being a "Carver local legend" is preferable to a recruit over playing in the NBA even sitting on the bench.

Plus, and I do not think I can emphasize this enough --

Russell Westbrook came out to high-five Deonte and tell him what a BA dunk that was. Guys like Westbrook are heroes to these players, living legends, in ways we will not understand. And Deonte gets to hang with and play with him.

While making bank.

The money, ego, fun, and unique life experiences that come with making and sticking with the NBA, even as a back-of-the-bench guy, are priceless to these guys. No, none of our guys are superstars or even full-time starters, but compared to the alternatives or even playing in Europe, our guys are killing it. Deonte will remember that moment the rest of his life. That is the sort of thing he tells his grandchildren about someday.

Glad Foster noticed that track record and that he would have a network of players and, by extension, coaches and front office staff into the NBA as a Cyclone when he would be mostly starting out on his own if he chose the Hawkeyes.

He chose wisely.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah and now Monte has the best assist to turnover ratio in the NBA and Matty Ice is 2nd in the league in 3PT %.