All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Is that based on body of work or because he's currently a Hawkeye. Would you take Purdy over Stanley?

Partly because he's currently a Hawkeye, partly because I think he's better. Like his skill set more, faster and quicker. If he was our full-time RB instead of splitting carries three ways his stats would be sick.

If I'm playing a bad team, I'd probably take Purdy. If I'm playing a good team, I'll take Stanley.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Partly because he's currently a Hawkeye, partly because I think he's better. Like his skill set more, faster and quicker. If he was our full-time RB instead of splitting carries three ways his stats would be sick.

If I'm playing a bad team, I'd probably take Purdy. If I'm playing a good team, I'll take Stanley.
I’m sure Goodson will get there with some time.

He’s not as big, strong, or as fast as Hall but he’s a good looking youngster.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

If Goodson was truly better than the others, wouldn't he be playing more snaps? I'm not upset you're picking Goodson because I think he's good too. And I don't really get your take on Stanley vs. Purdy from that mindset.. Purdy just combined for 636 yard, 7 TD's, 1 Int against the likes of Texas and Oklahoma..

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Can you leave the defending B1G West champs out of this?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If Goodson was truly better than the others, wouldn't he be playing more snaps? I'm not upset you're picking Goodson because I think he's good too. And I don't really get your take on Stanley vs. Purdy from that mindset.. Purdy just combined for 636 yard, 7 TD's, 1 Int against the likes of Texas and Oklahoma..

I don't think Texas is really all that good. Kansas hung 48 on them. Against OU didn't Purdy throw an INT to lose the game?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think Texas is really all that good. Kansas hung 48 on them. Against OU didn't Purdy throw an INT to lose the game?
Lol it doesn't count if it's a 2 point conversion but that's fine if you're overlooking his 5 TD's that came before that. I remember the entire Hawkeye fanbase calling for Stanley's head when he went 1 TD, 4 interceptions vs. Michigan and Penn State.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty good. Not great, but pretty good.
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, all of Texas's losses have come by 10 points or less, with the only loss by 10 @ TCU. Their other losses come to OU, ISU, and LSU. I hate them but they're an overall good football team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Did he not throw a pick on the 2 pt conversion? I seriously might be remembering wrong.
It was an interception but doesn't go in the stat sheet, just like it wouldn't have counted as a TD had they scored the 2 pts.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Did he not throw a pick on the 2 pt conversion? I seriously might be remembering wrong.
"Iowa lost at Wisconsin, 24-22, failing to perhaps send the game to overtime when Nate Stanley’s quarterback sneak on a two-point conversion try was stopped a half-yard from the goal line."

Penn State:
And just when Iowa got bailed out by a questionable third down pass interference call on Penn State, Nate Stanley promptly threw a pick, and that pretty much sealed the Penn State win. A few plays later, the Nittany Lions found the end zone and it looked like Iowa was dead in the water.

But a little no huddle never hurt anyone, and suddenly, the Iowa offense had life. Tight ends were catching passes. The team was moving down the field. An an incredible leaping catch from Smith resulted in...-gasp- AN IOWA TOUCHDOWN. And on the 2-point conversion? A Stanley interception.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron