All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I wasn't trying to be snarky, I just literally couldn't remember how the event transpired
I know....pretty confusing. When they threw the flag I was sure Minny was going to keep the ball. Got explained later.

PJ is going to get himself in some trouble down the road if he doen't take a chill pill. They had a shot of him earlier in the game jawing with the head linesmen and slapping him on the back....linesmen turns around and says something to PJ. Don't think he was pleased.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I know....pretty confusing. When they threw the flag I was sure Minny was going to keep the ball. Got explained later.

PJ is going to get himself in some trouble down the road if he doen't take a chill pill. They had a shot of him earlier in the game jawing with the head linesmen and slapping him on the back....linesmen turns around and says something to PJ. Don't think he was pleased.
Is it just me or does sometimes the refs get that call wrong, and award the 1st down.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It basically depends if they rule it was after or during the play. Definately subjective....
That instance the drop should have made it objective, but I would consider any late hit to be by definition after the play. Now that I think of it, I'd bet 99% of those late hits do not occur on 4th down.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'm not trolling. If it's not an automatic first down that has to be real dirty, no other way around it
It was a dumb hit. Johnson from the Gophers played it up also tho. Happened right after the whistle which is what makes it a dead ball penalty.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I haven't. The only thing I saw was the "motionless player" who wasn't motionless at all on Twitter but saw nothing leading up to it and nothing after that
He wasn't motionless because it was not a hard hit at all. he was hit but there was some flopping involved. Fleck used the "motionless" player crap to cover for his own stupidity.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron