Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
"I will say this about the 2020 class. We've been wanting fallback recruits who shoot 22% from the line. You have it now."

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
I don't know why you would take an unathletic big man who shoots 22% from the line at any point

I can imagine the first practice next fall.

JO "So coach, what's our offensive strategy?"
Mad Fran "We usually like to run full speed and out of control into the lane and hope we get fouled!"
JO "Um coach, ummm I shot 22% from the line"
Mad Fran "Wait, what?? Okay, okay. We've overcome this before. Have you ever poked anyone in eyes before?"

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Reminds me of Daniel Edozie. Role player when they needed a starter.

ALL Fran's recruits are role players. Period. Guys who should come off the bench and play about 5-10 minutes. I think that is one reason why he plays 11-12 guys all the time.

They are all 6th man types. Nice to have on your team, but god help you if they have to play 25+ minutes for you.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and heitclone

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Here's a juicy quote from HR:
"Very happy we got Ogendele. He has the build and size to play in the BIG, something that concerned me about Foster. Josh has a very soft shooting touch and can shoot from range. Is also very athletic."

This person was concerned that 7'0" 225 pound Xavier Foster wouldn't be big enough to play in the Big 10. Lol Also to the second bolded part.. really? Really?

The best part about this is I bet this guy isn’t the least bit concerned about Patrick Mac’s size.

• Funny
Reactions: Dormeezy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The best part about this is I bet this guy isn’t the least bit concerned about Patrick Mac’s size.
Oh no doubt. He probably thought Patrick's "athleticism" would make up for his skinniness. Patrick would probably be redshirted at 99% of other P5 schools but there's an easy explanation as to why he will not be at Iowa.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ALL Fran's recruits are role players. Period. Guys who should come off the bench and play about 5-10 minutes. I think that is one reason why he plays 11-12 guys all the time.

They are all 6th man types. Nice to have on your team, but god help you if they have to play 25+ minutes for you.
I would say Garza and Weiscamp aren't 6th man types, but everyone else basically is and I completely agree that's why he plays so many players.

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
Oh no doubt. He probably thought Patrick's "athleticism" would make up for his skinniness. Patrick would probably be redshirted at 99% of other P5 schools but there's an easy explanation as to why he will not be at Iowa.
"Patrick is not athletic, but he's scrappy!" - Hok fan, probably.