OT: Gender Reveal Explosion Kills Local Woman

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I'm trying to suppress a smile myself. Put 100 guys in a room and 99 would all say - "good idea". The 1 guy with sense would be called a nancy and mocked.
Dang, I am nancy. And to really make myself feel bad, I do not care for guns let alone own one.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
I'm oldfashioned. Our "gender reveals" were when they popped out of me and we saw their tally whackers. :D

Last week we find out you like chocolate balls over cream balls, and this week you're out here spewing about things popping of you and about tally whackers......

giphy.webp

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
The excitement of waiting to find out with my two daughters, coupled with the frustration that waiting caused my mother and mother in law was so damned worth it. Plus any gift we got was something useful, not some lame clothes that someone else thought was cute.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We went into the hospital to have our last one without a girls' name for it because we couldn't agree on one. Luckily we finally got our boy.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We went into the hospital to have our last one without a girls' name for it. Luckily we finally got our boy.
It's why I have my name...I was David Neill until they saw me. They had no girl name, so my sister was allowed to name me. I've come to terms with my androgenous name, but can't say I really like it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Dang, I am nancy. And to really make myself feel bad, I do not care for guns let alone own one.

Yeah, there are explosions and then there’s putting gunpowder in a metal pipe. I think I learned my lesson from blowing up a potato gun with just some butane.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I expected a little more sophisticated than they made a pipe bomb and were surprised when it blew up like a pipe bomb.

I thought it was going to be just the powder of some color that caused a small explosion. They just didn't realize powders of even non-flammable things (like corn dust that can blow up elevators). Nope, they used gunpowder. Brilliant.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Knowing is not necessary, but I understand that some think it is fun. Personal choice, I think.

PS: what did the ones that thought it was "necessary" think everyone did for the previous thousands of years? :D

Back in the day, gender reveals in China were - "It's a boy" and nothing else.

• Funny
Reactions: dosry5

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No matter how stupid it was I feel bad for the family and everyone involved.

These gender reveals have gotten way out of hand. Bombs, guns, and setting a forest on fire. Enough people.

Not sure about the bombs, guns etc. but making huge deals out of normal 'life' stuff is the case for so many things.

Sad for all involved but sometimes common sense ain't so common.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The excitement of waiting to find out with my two daughters, coupled with the frustration that waiting caused my mother and mother in law was so damned worth it. Plus any gift we got was something useful, not some lame clothes that someone else thought was cute.

Any more these types of situations call for a Costco gift card or wherever they like to get **** they can actually use, whenever they feel the need to get it.

Reactions: khardbored