****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Grab who you can?

These guys weren't going anywhere, they could get them next summer.

This. They could have waited to see how these two panned out ,they are Hawk legacies, with no other significant offers, the exact kind of guys Fran could slow play and still pick up. It's weird to take their commit so early. I guess this can help him get started on next years class.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This. They could have waited to see how these two panned out ,they are Hawk legacies, with no other significant offers, the exact kind of guys Fran could slow play and still pick up. It's weird to take their commit so early. I guess this can help him get started on next years class.

Fran's put the kill switch in the program if he gets canned.

The next guy would have to bring in 10 players.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fran's put the kill switch in the program if he gets canned.

The next guy would have to bring in 10 players.
And when Fran gets fired (lets be honest it's trending towards that) be ready for the takes that the next coach gets a pass for the first 5-6 years to rebuild what Fran messed up.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Grab who you can?

These guys weren't going anywhere, they could get them next summer.

You think more of Fran's recruiting than I do. I'm not sure he can jump in late on recruits much better than this.

• Funny
Reactions: fsanford

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Guess I don't see what these two committing have anything to do with the perception of Foster's decision. If they need more scholarships wouldn't they just put the McCaffery boy's on walk-on status? Nice luxury.

No way. You negative?

in other earth shattering news, water is wet.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Hey @CyTwins, seeing Matthew Bain post that Xavier Foster knew that this commitment was coming.

Any insight on how this affects their recruitment of him?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Fran's brat kids dropping down to walk on status only makes the situation worse. FFS Fran might be looking at a 15 man rotation.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Didn't Carton pick up a couple of crystal balls as well? Lol

Yep. Same scenario. Fran's staff told everyone they were a real contender, they were confident where they sat with them, etc when they had no chance. Soon enough the local and especially the national guys should pick up on this. Easier to tell your fans you tried your hardest and it just didn't work out then cut ties to a local 4 star kid in your backyard

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep. Same scenario. Fran's staff told everyone they were a real contender, they were confident where they sat with them, etc when they had no chance. Soon enough the local and especially the national guys should pick up on this. Easier to tell your fans you tried your hardest and it just didn't work out then cut ties to a local 4 star kid in your backyard
Not good

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

It's also a really good way to ensure you kids get plenty of PT without being totally obvious about your nepotism.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They had everyone fooled with Ulis too. It's their way of spinning it
The difference between how our media handles big recruits compared to Iowa's is quite staggering. It seems our media goes with the "we'll wait and see how things play out", "it'd be great to have a guy like this, but he'll be a tough get", etc. Whenever I see an article about a top recruit visiting Iowa or even considering, it's like the kid is 100% committed already and crystal balls pop up left and right.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's also a really good way to ensure you kids get plenty of PT without being totally obvious about your nepotism.

I honestly think they want these good guys but then after they miss it's just easiest to go after guys that won't threaten their PT and are friends with their kids