****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
He's not visiting. He wants to but we passed on him due to academics

Not saying you are wrong. However, it seems strange that a 4 star wants to visit and we don't want him to visit because of academics. Yet, Georgetown and Iowa are not concerned with the academic part. We are pretty good at getting academic risks into Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Read "STANZ: - Sept 30" on Bolton eligibility.

Team "marred by egos".

Promote this year by saying last year sucked? Ok, go ahead, Jared.

Watch the newest CFTV with Haliburton, he even says it himself. It's not a secret and never has been. Not sure why you feel the need to come after Jared.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Watch the newest CFTV with Haliburton, he even says it himself. It's not a secret and never has been. Not sure why you feel the need to come after Jared.

I could tell the team was very ego drivin last season. I loved the guys but you could tell it was a very "Me First" gotta get mine type team. The one benefit that came out of that is recruiting. You can always show recruits we get guys to the league.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not saying you are wrong. However, it seems strange that a 4 star wants to visit and we don't want him to visit because of academics. Yet, Georgetown and Iowa are not concerned with the academic part. We are pretty good at getting academic risks into Iowa State.
What’s strange?

There are guys the staff likes better that aren’t risks.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

He's not worth the risk according to the staff

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

It seems you're saying he's wrong.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Kerwin Walton set to unofficially visit Creighton Friday after completing an official visit to Arizona last weekend.

I see North Carolina is up to 3 commits now after landing 5 star guard Caleb Love last night. Not sure how many they will take but I'd imagine their recent 2020 commitment hot streak helps in that they won't be pushing as hard for Walton. Big fish like Zaire Williams, Bryce Thompson, and Cade Cunningham are likely high priorities for now.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Perhaps the juice isn't worth the squeeze...

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I could tell the team was very ego drivin last season. I loved the guys but you could tell it was a very "Me First" gotta get mine type team. The one benefit that came out of that is recruiting. You can always show recruits we get guys to the league.

driven

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Perhaps the juice isn't worth the squeeze...

It is more likely the staff sees they only have one scholarship open next year (obviously that could change) and focused on 3 players to fill the spot (Foster #1).
Sibley is a fine player but a lower priority thus likely doesn't have a commitable offer, no reason to go through with an official and spend time with a recruit your not 100% in on at this time.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Kerwin Walton set to unofficially visit Creighton Friday after completing an official visit to Arizona last weekend.

I see North Carolina is up to 3 commits now after landing 5 star guard Caleb Love last night. Not sure how many they will take but I'd imagine their recent 2020 commitment hot streak helps in that they won't be pushing as hard for Walton. Big fish like Zaire Williams, Bryce Thompson, and Cade Cunningham are likely high priorities for now.
Cade Cunningham will go to Oklahoma State.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Probably but it looks like UNC is a legit option right now.

UNC is always a legit option with the money they can pay. Okie State however is known to dish some cash also. I never count anyone out anymore with the money thing. Like I think we are leading for Foster, however, there is always a sketchy character somewhere that can get involved and tell him why it would be better to go to UNC or somewhere like that.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
UNC is always a legit option with the money they can pay. Okie State however is known to dish some cash also. I never count anyone out anymore with the money thing. Like I think we are leading for Foster, however, there is always a sketchy character somewhere that can get involved and tell him why it would be better to go to UNC or somewhere like that.

Well that and OSU has his brother as a coach.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This staff took Lard, Talley and Jeff Beverly.... theyre willing to take risks. That being said, maybe they’ve learned their lesson from those guys and become more choosy.

Lard was maybe the most talented recruit we had during that era.

Beverly and Talley were desperation "warm bodies" when we struck out on better options.

I think the situation is we do not have to go with guys like this now.

The roster is pretty balanced and stocked with talent. We do not have many spots open. We can afford to be choosy and zero in on that guys that we want.