122 degrees on ISU sidelines vs 94 degrees on Baylor’s

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
We’re lucky some of our players didn’t die from heatstroke! I remember Baylor punching Montgomery last year and now this!

• Informative
Reactions: Macloney

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
For what it's worth, I do think JP should probably say something to the Big 12 about how this is definitely a player safety issue. Many a football player have died from heat, and the ISU players were at great risk today IMO.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Spent the third quarter sitting on the ground in a breezeway because we had full sun on our seats. I will say this for Baylor - they had a GINORMOUS barrel of ICE water and cups set out on the concourse. You could use their cups or fill your water bottles, free of charge. That was nice.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Spent the third quarter sitting on the ground in a breezeway because we had full sun on our seats. I will say this for Baylor - they had a GINORMOUS barrel of ICE water and cups set out on the concourse. You could use their cups or fill your water bottles, free of charge. That was nice.
Mmmm, thinking of all the people that dunked their filthy sweaty hands in that barrel sounds refreshing.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored and GTO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Mmmm, thinking of all the people that dunked their filthy sweaty hands in that barrel sounds refreshing.
The barrel was up on stilts (picture a blue plastic rainbarrel. The spigots were about waist level, but were on the bottom of the barrel. Anyone shorter than 6'5" would need a ladder to even peek over the top, let alone dipp their fingers. Although I did see one kid fill a cup and just pour it over his head. :)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Both extreme heat and cold suck. I actually give the edge to extreme heat since I can at least die on a golf course.

Everyone has their own personal preference. I'd take extreme cold over extreme heat any day. Last January was really unpleasant and I didn't like it. But I can't stand the heat.