Pollard: big announcement coming soon

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Coupled with the hotel you are probably talking about losing at least C3, C4, D1, and D2.

All of this going on, I'm surprised they aren't doing more parking underneath the new structures. Elevate them above the current ground level slightly and it allows for a little extra protection if any flooding happens in the area again. Looks like some if it is already elevated. I would think with all of this going on, you'd want some kind of parking structure to go in. This is something I would think you'd want as many people as possible to have easy access to.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Coupled with the hotel you are probably talking about losing at least C3, C4, D1, and D2.
Hotel is going in the green space isn't it ? With the RV's moving to the east we may not lose that many spots. Be interesting on gameday with the parking. Shops and bars, but you will probably need a pass to park in the lots right by the complex.

rpcyclone2013

Jan 4, 2017
Nevada, IA
Thinking in terms of leaving the north parking lot after games, they would have to close the round-about, right? That would be a cluster if they left that open. Also, it would be great if they forced people to head out a certain way. For example, the people in the SW part of the lot, have to go west on 4th street and then south on Beach or continue west.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Dont know if this has been added or not. Link to Cyclones.com renderings of possibilities.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/P9eLaUcgGOigc/

Looks pretty neat at first glance. It will take a while to fundraise and build.

This is next level amazing. ISU is taking a Fenway Park/Angel Stadium/Busch Stadium mentality and blowing the lid off of the fan experience

This is really nice stuff if it doesn't flood and gets enough support to keep the store fronts from being taped over.

From my era in Ames until now.....night and day

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Definitely looks interesting. Might suck for basketball parking because you'll have to walk farther in the cold winter, but might also help traffic clear out faster after a game with more cars east of university.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Definitely looks interesting. Might suck for basketball parking because you'll have to walk farther in the cold winter, but might also help traffic clear out faster after a game with more cars east of university.

There could be ways to deal with that. Some sort of shuttle system, maybe?

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
There could be ways to deal with that. Some sort of shuttle system, maybe?
:cool:
300px-Monorail_Coral.jpg

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Ames is in desperate need of more good meeting/convention space. This would open the doors to a lot of new meetings business, especially by adding a walk able hotel.

Another P&L like district, in Arlington, TX they just opened Live by Loews hotel paired adjacent to a "Texas Live District," between Cowboy Stadium and the new Rangers Stadium. Its pretty incredible. I'm about to sign a contract for a major convention there.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Wow, that would be big time if it gets built anywhere close to what is proposed. I think the parking looks good in the plans too. Love the bridge over university to the new parking areas and the fact it connects right in with the east gate.

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I wish they also included Jack trice NEZ renovation plans. Closing the end zone gives better stadium experience instead of the current horse shoe look
Well, I admit they Pollard said this would be a "Facilities" Update. Not really a facility update but overall a complete Department project update.
I think there was mention of a Volleyball and Wrestling practice facility and the Hilton update would continue as planned but no additional details about them.
I dont think we will see an actual stadium upgrade plan until after the performance center and Hilton are complete now. And Maybe now until after this is at least being constructed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Dont know if this has been added or not. Link to Cyclones.com renderings of possibilities.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/P9eLaUcgGOigc/

Looks pretty neat at first glance. It will take a while to fundraise and build.

Nice that the rendering has the glass sheets installed around the Hilton facade too. I'm really looking forward to those renovations.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Nice that the rendering has the glass sheets installed around the Hilton facade too. I'm really looking forward to those renovations.

Yeah I'm wondering what the current timeline is on those renovations

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron