Pollard: big announcement coming soon

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I like all of it except for the elevated center ring.

But it's got a laser beam tornado in the middle, so that's sweet!

I'm thinking they got to that point basically because it looks like they've elevated the foundations of the buildings above flood stage and needed something pretty to get you back down to parking lot level.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
3600 paved spaces to the east. Glad to hear it
I don't think all of them are paved. Some grass, some gravel according to this picture. I could be wrong.

EErdV6xUEAYEy5w

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Definitely need clarification on this. The picture and words below contradict each other.
My other thought is that it's saying the current intramural plan is for 160-gravel/500-grass with possibility to pave all of them later. Maybe? You're right it's confusing.

Edit: @theshadow beat me to it.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Where is the capital funding coming from(State, City, University or a combination)?

I'm amazed that JP & team never settle and always thinking of the bigger picture

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy and JM4CY

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I wish they also included Jack trice NEZ renovation plans. Closing the end zone gives better stadium experience instead of the current horse shoe look
It should have been done with the performance center. Just as the west side facade could have been integrated with the Indoor facility, but at least that was in times of desperation.

I dont think we will see an actual stadium upgrade plan until after the performance center and Hilton are complete now.
It’s such a waste to not do a NEZ project as or with a performance center that’s basically in the NEZ. It doesn’t give me much faith in an even more complex undertaking like this getting done.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Short version:
*G7 gets paved
*What would have been the new G6 gets paved
*The current "Field of Dreams" practice field gets paved (which also explains the upcoming reno to the Majors practice fields next to the Berg)
*G4/G5 get paved

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
But it's got a laser beam tornado in the middle, so that's sweet!

I'm thinking they got to that point basically because it looks like they've elevated the foundations of the buildings above flood stage and needed something pretty to get you back down to parking lot level.
Could be. I just know that the maintenance (snow, missing metal railings, light bulbs, chunks of crumbling concrete) on the old ones that were between Scheman, Hilton, and Stephens started to lapse. They finally took them down and refurbed the existing ones.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I wonder if some of the JTS lots that currently hold students cars during non-football days might get opened up for basketball, with some of those permit spots moving east into new paved spots.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
It should have been done with the performance center. Just as the west side facade could have been integrated with the Indoor facility, but at least that was in times of desperation.

It’s such a waste to not do a NEZ project as or with a performance center that’s basically in the NEZ. It doesn’t give me much faith in an even more complex undertaking like this getting done.

You're talking another $100-150 million for some kind of North End Zone seating expansion. Who's paying for that? And who's sitting in those seats? And what do you do about the Jacobsen building and all the current administration there?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is a really cool idea and yet sometimes I don't like change.

I wouldn't get all worked up about the parking spots and whether they will be paved or not. This thing is a long ways from being finalized and a lot can change. God forbid, Jamie could leave and the whole thing blows up.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Could be. I just know that the maintenance (snow, missing metal railings, light bulbs, chunks of crumbling concrete) on the old ones that were between Scheman, Hilton, and Stephens started to lapse. They finally took them down and refurbed the existing ones.

Maybe that gets better with athletics running the show and bringing in more revenue with projects like these. I'm guessing the deferred maintenance at the ISC, such as the things you mentioned and the crumbling parking lots isn't for lack of desire, it's for lack of funding.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Maybe that gets better with athletics running the show and bringing in more revenue with projects like these. I'm guessing the deferred maintenance at the ISC, such as the things you mentioned and the crumbling parking lots isn't for lack of desire, it's for lack of funding.
Normally it's a cost sharing issue.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron