The infamous holding call

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Wow.... Epenesa is really celebrating his 1 tackle game in which JGJ owned him all night isn't he.
Some college football players celebrate when their team wins. How arrogant of Epenesa though. If he had any self respect he'd delete his twitter and never speak to the media again after last night.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It’s called celebrating a W with your teammates. Something ISU players haven’t been able to do since 2014....when they’ve faced the Hawks

We haven’t won a game in five years? Darn.....

Somebody edits there posts instead of proofreading

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I agree - but if we apply what the ref used to call our player for holding on that play, both Iowa and ISU would have racked up over 100 yds in holding penalties throughout the game - including that 3rd and 22. I think this is what Cyclone fans are soooo upset about. You decide to throw a flag just because you are standing by the Iowa sidelines and hearing the entire coaching staff yelling "Hold!, Hold!, Hold!" The ref turned into a gutless wonder and caved to a fictional call to avoid being chewed out by the Hawk staff. We didn't lose because of that call - but it DEFINITELY was a terrible call and it negated us having a real potential to win the game. (Oh, BTW, don't get me started on that "11 players NOT set for one second" BS call on 1st down -- My brother and I rewinded that play 10 times and there was one guy in motion and the rest of the 10 players were set for well over one second).
I've never heard of that called before, but looking at it I think when two guys go in motion they both have to set for a second before one can be in motion during the snap. That never happened. Probably gets called only once in a blue moon when it happens.
https://www.teamspeedkills.com/2010/8/9/1613833/know-your-annoying-penalties

The hold was an egregiously bad call not only because it was not a hold at all but also because no holding had been called all game including the extremely obvious one on the Iowa 3rd and 22. Quite an easy way for an official to influence the score of a game without being noticed by anyone but the opposing fans. I always wonder if dirty gambling money is involved.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Wow.... Epenesa is really celebrating his 1 tackle game in which JGJ owned him all night isn't he.

Epenesa is a very good player. Don't know if he is an every down guy, and is not as good against the run as the pass, but I give the credit to the coaching staff and JGJ. The coaches had a great plan, and with help JGJ pretty well handle him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Metrics measure your super bowl? Do tell...

One tram seems to put more effort in by extra practice. Can tell because less penalties and turnovers. Besides, the one who wins more has to be more concert. Mac won a lot and it was important to him. How can it be that important to the team that over the life has won more.

HerkClone

Sep 20, 2012
CyTwins, LOL. You're ripping on epenesa who will be a top-10 pick this year all the while Iowa state has never had a first-rounder in your lifetime. Quit smoking crack.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
CyTwins, LOL. You're ripping on epenesa who will be a top-10 pick this year all the while Iowa state has never had a first-rounder in your lifetime. Quit smoking crack.

It’s almost like you don’t understand the point being made. Not shocking, of course, but still pretty stupid on your part.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron