Tailgating ISU Mats

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Good Lord, Get over yourself.

Your examples are far less specific than what was asked for here — a particular style of Cyclone mat — and which was eventually and thoroughly answered to everyone’s apparent satisfaction but yourself. And it seems to have been asked by a parent of a current Cyclone football player. How rude.

That seems like an entirely appropriate query. I see no reason you had to respond at all.

To be fair your “argument” is fairly common on this board, a combination of a strawman, and ad hominem or personal attack:

Description of Straw Man
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:
  1. Person A has position X.
  2. Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
  3. Person B attacks position Y.
  4. Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Why would anyone ask for help finding a specific kind of Cyclone mat — on a message board called Cyclone Fanatic? That she apparently saw at the season opening Cyclone home football game just yesterday?

Or, another example, why ask for information here about buying a new truck?

Good news: Someone here eventually found what she was looking for!!

Then what do we attribute your extremely thorough response to me as?

Glass houses. (You would appear more credible if you just called me an ******* and quit there.)

It seriously took me less than a minute to find that specific mat. Other people's inability or lack of desire to put in any actual work looking for something is no reason for you to come undone. Good try though, brah.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Then what do we attribute your extremely thorough response to me as?

Glass houses. (You would appear more credible if you just called me an ******* and quit there.)

It seriously took me less than a minute to find that specific mat. ...
Accuracy. It took me less than a minute to write.

There is nothing wrong with asking about Cyclone tailgate mats on the Cyclone Fanatic Tailgate Board.

• Winner
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Accuracy. It took me less than a minute to write.

There is nothing wrong with asking about Cyclone tailgate mats on the Cyclone Fanatic Tailgate Board.

If they hadn't asked, I might not have known about ISU tailgate mats. I'm glad the topic came up in whatever manner. Now, I have some links to cool stuff to put on my tailgate "wish list."