Bring a raincoat to your tailgate

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Weather.gov is now saying up to 2 inches overnight and still raining all morning and during the game (60 percent). Just an awful forecast.

2 inches? Holy crap that sucks. I think that’s likely more south of I80 from what I’ve seen predicted.

I don’t really care what it does Friday night.. more concerned about Noon Saturday.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I had an old girlfriend who always told me to bring a raincoat. Never understood her fear of rain but I always had one and an umbrella in the car to keep her happy.
giphy.gif

just playin with ya.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Let's say worst case scenario we have storms and the game gets pushed back. Will it still be aired on TV, even with a full schedule? Or probably streaming online if there are no free channels?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They're now calling for just rain in the morning and then cloudy after that. The field is in perfect condition to drain properly, as they've been working on it all summer to get it to peak condition. As long as it's not a complete downpour during the game, everything should be fine as far as playing conditions go (slippery ball, poor vision, slippery jerseys). In the worst possible scenario (storms like last year), we have an option to push the game back as far as we'd need to. I don't see that happening as the weather is not going to be close to being that bad, but it's a nice security blanket to have!

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
One night at the Craft Beer Tent (state fair) we decided to have a Bloody Mary bar. Need to follow up on that before we all bring cups and cheap beer.

Reactions: NWICY

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Got a new ribbed raincoat. Wife really likes how it fits me.

I overheard her in conversation the other day. Something along the lines of "her pleasure". Assumed somebody had asked what her response was after you thanked her for it.