MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
You’re right. However, 4 weeks ago, I think you also would’ve agreed with my statement

No, I wouldn't have. For one thing, it's only year 2 of a 6-year deal. Secondly, Darvish was pitching better than his results would suggest for quite a while before he started absolutely dominating after the ASB. I wouldn't say I was expecting him to be *this* good, but I had been expecting a breakout since about mid-June.

You want a name that I'd absolutely written off until fairly recently, Tyler Chatwood is your man.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
No, I wouldn't have. For one thing, it's only year 2 of a 6-year deal. Secondly, Darvish was pitching better than his results would suggest for quite a while before he started absolutely dominating after the ASB. I wouldn't say I was expecting him to be *this* good, but I had been expecting a breakout since about mid-June.

You want a name that I'd absolutely written off until fairly recently, Tyler Chatwood is your man.

He’s always been an interesting dude - I thought his stuff last year was filthy but he had zero command. He made strides this offseason.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's too bad the offense was crap tonight too because Hendricks had just 77 pitches through 7 innings and could have gone at least another inning if they had the lead and weren't forced to pinch hit his spot

• Winner
Reactions: HoustonClone

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It's not perfect- few are. But it should be performing much better in this mediocre division. A cozy 5 game lead isn't too much to ask for in the Central. Keep on believing the talent is the problem.

The talent is the problem. Keep overrating them though. The results speak for themselves.

• Funny
Reactions: psychlone99

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The talent is the problem. Keep overrating them though. The results speak for themselves.

The FO clearly lied to fans when they said we need to stop looking at potential and start looking at production last offseason and proceeded to make no moves except Descalso.

That being said, we legitimately have a top 3 NL talent in bats, and we legitimately have a top 3 pitching staff in terms of ERA.

We have talent, we aren’t producing when we need to be.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
It blows my mind this was said by our front office last year when we were eliminated:

it’s probably time to stop evaluating this in terms of talent and start evaluating in terms of production

And they proceeded to have Daniel Descalso be their only important transaction to note.

I still stand by the FO wanted to give Joe one more chance to prove himself but forced him to do it with the roster they developed and didn’t find success in 2018

• Agree
Reactions: CyJack13

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The FO clearly lied to fans when they said we need to stop looking at potential and start looking at production last offseason and proceeded to make no moves except Descalso.

That being said, we legitimately have a top 3 NL talent in bats, and we legitimately have a top 3 pitching staff in terms of ERA.

We have talent, we aren’t producing when we need to be.

How could you forget Brad Bach? And you might be surprised but I agree with this post.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Tough break for the Cubs having to face Musgrave and Brault back to back days. Is there a better one two punch in the whole league?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Lester somehow getting out of a couple major jams today for no damage thus far.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
One of the benefits to sucking and Joe potentially getting canned is the FO is going to have to bust their asses to ensure the new guy is given a solid team.

Somehow grabbing Rendon and Castellanos, moving KB to left, and trading Schwarber and Russell for a 2B who can fill in for Hoerner a year while Bote, Kemp, and Happ hold utility spots off the bench is my dream.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron