KU Selling Alcohol at Games

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Iowa and Iowa State have both built brand new club sections that revolved around alcohol sales... It won't be happening anytime soon.

At the rate schools are adding it, I think they will. And by soon I mean probably within 5 years.
It will reach a tipping point because the more schools add it is a stream of revenue the more pressure there will be and the more fans go to other stadiums and enjoy having a beer the more annoyed they will become they can't get one in their own stadium.
Pollard also went off about how the transfer culture was rotting the soul of america and then ISU became transfer u.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Pollard and the athletic department don't want to add alcohol sales stadium-wide, but they will be forced to soon when that's what everyone else does.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
At the rate schools are adding it, I think they will. And by soon I mean probably within 5 years.
It will reach a tipping point because the more schools add it is a stream of revenue the more pressure there will be and the more fans go to other stadiums and enjoy having a beer the more annoyed they will become they can't get one in their own stadium.
Pollard also went off about how the transfer culture was rotting the soul of america and then ISU became transfer u.

The money is actually pretty minimal. I get that a lot of us WANT JP to go stadium wide but he's on the record saying that it won't happen. He isn't going to cheapen the experience fort the donors who have shelled out a lot of cash for this privilege.

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Jamie drinks. It ain't about that.

It's about protecting the value of luxury areas that sell alcohol, and preserving the tailgating culture (which is the only reason we draw well when we suck).

Just because one drinks, it doesn't mean they are alright with drinking in every situation.

I think the athletic dept sees it as a bit of an additional liability, so there are legal drawbacks, and they also want to maintain the "family atmosphere" of college football games.

Like I said in my other post, this is all a moot point because we will be forced to sell beer stadium-wide sooner than later when that is the norm in the market.