Pooka Williams Arrested for Suspicion of DA

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I read the thread on here after THT's case hit the media. The harshest critique was akin to "kinda bummed CSP swept it under the rug until after the season but NBD."

CSP and the Cyclone program were
innocent victims. Shoeboxless Walmart victims at that.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
There is no apt comparison until the best player on the ISU football team gets arrested for something.

I was told here that Steve Prohm requires a "moral standard" of his players but then found that the only arrest to a good player during the season was ignored until the season ended and it was clear that the player was leaving for the draft. Those two things do not synch up.

Are you that dense or just being intentionally obtuse?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
There is no apt comparison until the best player on the ISU football team gets arrested for something.

I was told here that Steve Prohm requires a "moral standard" of his players but then found that the only arrest to a good player during the season was ignored until the season ended and it was clear that the player was leaving for the draft. Those two things do not synch up.

What arrest?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So grown adults should be held to a lower standard than college kids? Well that's an interesting take I didn't expect.

Yes, high school and college sports are a privilege.

Did your high school not have a Code of Conduct or something similar?

And I don't think there are any lower standards when it comes to assaulting women. You should just be done at whatever it is you do.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yes, high school and college sports are a privilege.

Did your high school not have a Code of Conduct or something similar?

And I don't think there are any lower standards when it comes to assaulting women. You should just be done at whatever it is you do.
So if you work at a bank or as a plumber and you hit a woman then your career as a banker or plumber should "be done"? For how long, forever? That's absurd.

Playing college sports isnt a priviledge; it is a service. The schools need the service performed so that they can reap financial rewards and the players provide that service in return for coaching, training, academics, etc...

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

Other than the incident taking place in Feb and being caught later from the footage there is no record other than the charges that weren't brought against him until May. There are no details of any arrest and there is quite possible that Prohm didn't even know about it until after the season was long over, so keep reaching.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

1 - THT was never arrested
2 - He wasn’t even cited for the theft until after the season was over. What do you want Prohm to do, suspend him for next years opener? Pretty good chance he had zero knowledge of the event until after the season. Hard to suspend a guy that won’t be there next season.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So if you work at a bank or as a plumber and you hit a woman then your career as a banker or plumber should "be done"? For how long, forever? That's absurd.

Playing college sports isnt a priviledge; it is a service. The schools need the service performed so that they can reap financial rewards and the players provide that service in return for coaching, training, academics, etc...

You can justify beating women any way you want.

You have justified ku's cheating at basketball before.

You are now justifying college athletes beating women and still being allowed to play because the "schools reap financial rewards."

Whatever way the wind blows in Lawrence, huh? "We good?"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
@randomfan44 Usually he sticks his head in basketball forums but if he’s gonna be in football ones this year defending and talking about Jayhawk football, that’s almost must see tv. That program is and will be for the foreseeable future one of if not the biggest train wrecks in not only college football but all of college athletics.

He said they're making a bowl game this year

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You can justify beating women any way you want.

You have justified ku's cheating at basketball before.

You are now justifying college athletes beating women and still being allowed to play because the "schools reap financial rewards."

Whatever way the wind blows in Lawrence, huh? "We good?"
I haven't made a single comment about the allegations involving Williams, let alone ade any attempt to justify them. You're jumping to those conclusions and that's a you problem, not a me problem.

Some just get triggered by my participation and start drawing their own conclusions on what they think I must be saying between the lines. Others just stink at critical reading skills.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Is he really comparing a $16 theft to smacking a woman around? FFS
No, I am pointing out that the post made about Prohm allegedly setting some moral standards doesn't jibe with that story not coming out until well after the season. I made no comparison between the two.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
No, I am pointing out that the post made about Prohm allegedly setting some moral standards doesn't jibe with that story not coming out until well after the season. I made no comparison between the two.

No, you are either not understanding the situation or purposly mis-representing what happened.

It is highly unlikely that Prohm or anyone associated with the MBB program knew anything of the theft occuring until the charges were brought forth. The charges weren't filed until after the season was over. If THT had come back, I have no doubt that he would have had some sort of punishment.

But keep deflecting from KU allowing anything goes for star athletes.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

That's not absurd, that's exactly how real life works. Do stupid s***, get fired, go somewhere else hoping for a second chance. You bet your ass that if I get involved in DA, I'm both getting fired and going to struggle to rekindle that career due to background checks.

Oh, and college sports is definitely not a service, it's a temporary privilege for the players and a cash-cow for the universities. A "service" wouldn't permanently end for 99% of players when their eligibility is up, you'd think a real service for them would be for a longer term than just their time in college. It may work that way for the <1% who go on to perform this "service" professionally after school. For most players, sports is simply an extracurricular activity.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
No, you are either not understanding the situation or purposly mis-representing what happened.

It is highly unlikely that Prohm or anyone associated with the MBB program knew anything of the theft occuring until the charges were brought forth. The charges weren't filed until after the season was over. If THT had come back, I have no doubt that he would have had some sort of punishment.

But keep deflecting from KU allowing anything goes for star athletes.
If I have details of the incident wrong then that is fine and a separate conversation. Looks like the store filed charges on Feb 18th; it doesn't state whether or not THT or ISU was contacted prior to THT being cited in May. So who knows who knew what when.

But again, I have made no attempt to compare the THT incident to the William's incident. When five different people reply to me on 5 different things then I wnd up with 5 different things being talked about. Dont think that I am trying to use one to tie to another unless I explicitly attempt to do so in a post myself. It was a post in response to a comment about Prohm, no more, no less.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If I have details of the incident wrong then that is fine and a separate conversation. Looks like the store filed charges on Feb 18th; it doesn't state whether or not THT or ISU was contacted prior to THT being cited in May. So who knows who knew what when.

But again, I have made no attempt to compare the THT incident to the William's incident. When five different people reply to me on 5 different things then I wnd up with 5 different things being talked about. Dont think that I am trying to use one to tie to another unless I explicitly attempt to do so in a post myself. It was a post in response to a comment about Prohm, no more, no less.

Do us all favor and hide out in Self's toupee until basketball season starts.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Do us all favor and hide out in Self's toupee until basketball season starts.
Many of the folks here can handle a conversation about Big 12 topics on the Big 12 portion of this message board that includes people from outside the ISU fan base.

• Disagree

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Many of the folks here can handle a conversation about Big 12 topics on the Big 12 portion of this message board that includes people from outside the ISU fan base.

Many folks on here don't appreciate your constant shilling for Kansas and holier than thou attitude. As you might not be aware of, this is not a Kansas board.

By the way, you absolutely did compare THT to Pookie. You said that since Iowa State didn't punish THT right away that Iowa State fans shouldn't question that Kansas is letting Pookie off with 1 game.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think you overestimate the extent of your personal fan club. Homerism is fine, when the message board bears the name of your team. Expecting it to be honored and accepted on a rival team's message board is optimistic. Honest evaluations of other teams are respected. Yours are rarely honest (particularly when discussing ISU, KU & KSU). You might as well own it - you're a KU homer (but only in basketball, which drops you even lower on the scale, IMO). And that won't win you any awards on an ISU board.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Many folks on here don't appreciate your constant shilling for Kansas and holier than thou attitude. As you might not be aware of, this is not a Kansas board.

By the way, you absolutely did compare THT to Pookie. You said that since Iowa State didn't punish THT right away that Iowa State fans shouldn't question that Kansas is letting Pookie off with 1 game.
Yeah, could you provide me a link to that? I just rolled through looking for that and didnt find it. Maybe I just missed it.