Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
yes the responses are coming in where you are all "smarter" but have nothing to add, because there really is nothing for you guys to add. The history of the program and current trajectory of the program are in really good shape under Kirk, recruiting, development, and even game day planning is improving. Young Coaching is starting to preform wonders in recruiting.

But ISU wants justification for being 16-10 for 2 seasons...... because they are up and coming. The old adage is this, you get 3 years to get all of your guys into the system for college ball. Well it has been that and Campbell is still right at the Iowa average season, he is a good coach, but you guys are putting him on a huge pedestal that when he does not meet expectations for a season, it will be a hard fall.

Comparing CMC's record to a Big Ten West coaches record is really dumb

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You can't miss every time. Hell even Rhoads landed some good players
you are now proving my point, just as Campbell does with Qbs some are misses, some are good to great. but only 25% of the QBs are capable of putting ISU on the "map"

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
Name a DB coach with more recruiting misses than Parker. I'll hang up and listen

There are a lot of DB coaches with fewer than 12 NFL draft picks since 2002.

Do all DB coaches take 2-3 star recruits and turn them into NFL draft picks? I eagerly await your list of coaches who do it better than Phil Parker.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
yes the responses are coming in where you are all "smarter" but have nothing to add, because there really is nothing for you guys to add. The history of the program and current trajectory of the program are in really good shape under Kirk, recruiting, development, and even game day planning is improving. Young Coaching is starting to preform wonders in recruiting.

But ISU wants justification for being 16-10 for 2 seasons...... because they are up and coming. The old adage is this, you get 3 years to get all of your guys into the system for college ball. Well it has been that and Campbell is still right at the Iowa average season, he is a good coach, but you guys are putting him on a huge pedestal that when he does not meet expectations for a season, it will be a hard fall.
giphy.gif

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
3 legit wins. What about those teams? Also all wins in the Big 12. No other top wins for ISU out side of that conference.

CMC doesn't face a cupcake schedule every year like Big Ten West coaches do it. You're making yourself look dumb

okmxpro

Sep 2, 2018
The Opening is pretty fun to watch. its on the NFL youtube channel.

I googled Jace Andregg,

His 7 on 7 team at the opening is loaded with ND and OSU commits.

He is the only athlete from state of Iowa to qualify for the finals.

If he wins the Special Ops combine score again he might be going to top tier program.

Sharps sports likes him.

He Has The Highest SPARQ Rating!!! The Most Under The Radar Recruit Of 2020?!?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Except in 2017 when Iowa’s SOS was #5 according to Sagarin.
He said West, most people assume that playing tOSU and PSU in the same year dramatically influenced that. Hell your North Texas team was higher in Sagarin than Illinois.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

If we're going to talk about expectations, we should talk about how Iowa fans expect a 10-2 season on the regular when in reality since 2005, they've had two seasons where they've gotten over that mark. Iowa State fans are not being unreasonable when saying we have a shot to possibly make the B12 Championship Game, when we've been in the hunt the last two seasons. We're not out here claiming we're going to go undefeated or we're going to win even 11 games. I've seen maybe one person thinking we're going to get to 10 while everyone else is saying the reality is probably 9 wins, which would be awesome considering our schedule.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He said West, most people assume that playing tOSU and PSU in the same year dramatically influenced that. Hell your North Texas team was higher in Sagarin than Illinois.

Yeah, plus Iowa State really lifted their schedule that year too.