Iowa Football Recruiting

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
We’re talking about recruiting at the WB position which makes Rudock relevant. Amazing that his replacement was drafted as well...
I knew KF was old school but I didn't realize you guys still played a wing back. The ole Wing T coming back in style?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
JR was not an NFL QB under KF, it took someone who knew what they are doing for him to reach his potential. CJ was just good at improvising. Iowa is only good at that position when they have a guy who doesn't follow the coach's orders. Sure they might have a good game or 2, but generally speaking, they flounder in the system. If I were a QB I would NEVER go to Iowa. I would make a choice like Purdy and be the best QB this state has seen in a very long time.

So you are admitting that Iowa recruits good qbs to deter their system?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
JR was not an NFL QB under KF, it took someone who knew what they are doing for him to reach his potential. CJ was just good at improvising. Iowa is only good at that position when they have a guy who doesn't follow the coach's orders. Sure they might have a good game or 2, but generally speaking, they flounder in the system. If I were a QB I would NEVER go to Iowa. I would make a choice like Purdy and be the best QB this state has seen in a very long time.
giphy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I feel Stanley will get drafted too.

He is going to have to have a MUCH better year to even sniff the draft. The NFL scouts appear to favor a more mobile QB and the pro style QB's are becoming a little less desirable.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Freaking loved the wing T!
showing my age a bit, but we had a version of that in high school. It was fun. I even used it some when I coached youth football and we scored a lot with some trick plays out of it. Just some fun little twists for the kids.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
He is going to have to have a MUCH better year to even sniff the draft. The NFL scouts appear to favor a more mobile QB and the pro style QB's are becoming a little less desirable.
And he will have to be a lot better under pressure. I feel like teams should just blitz him constantly. He did seem to do a little better with that the 20 minutes I watched the bowl game but most the time I saw him, he was a disaster under pressure.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

If he plays similarly to the last two years, he will get drafted.