Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It really is that simple. No player with his offer list and rating would have came to Iowa State in 2017 unless they were a legacy recruit like Lazard. Players being recruited by national championship contenders dont want to play for programs who could barely win 2 games a season.

Things are different now, so if he was a 2019 or 2020 recruit Campbell would have been all over him and Iowa State would definitely be in play for recruits of his caliber. Campbell isnt dumb, he obviously knew he had no chance and didnt want to waste a bunch of time on him when he took over the program.
Simple? LOL.

Go back to EMAW

Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hall with a Michigan offer?
Yep, looks like ISU and Iowa do have some good talent on the rosters then. I am excited for the game. Do you tailgate every year. We could meet up. You seem pretty cool.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Saw campbell speak the year before he took over for ISU during the off season. He has my respect snd is an outstanding coach

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
It really is that simple. No player with his offer list and rating would have came to Iowa State in 2017 unless they were a legacy recruit like Lazard. Players being recruited by national championship contenders dont want to play for programs who could barely win 2 games a season.

Things are different now, so if he was a 2019 or 2020 recruit Campbell would have been all over him and Iowa State would definitely be in play for recruits of his caliber. Campbell isnt dumb, he obviously knew he had no chance and didnt want to waste a bunch of time on him when he took over the program.
Really?
https://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Scates-89162/high-school-171034/

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So you're saying Matt Campbell didn't offer any player that was too good for Iowa State because they would never come here and we should have only recruited the crappy ones and hope and pray they turn out to be diamonds in the rough? That's absolutely not what we did. Matt Campbell was offering kids left and right and tried selling them on his culture and how Iowa State could be a special place if they bought in. He has been able to bring in better players because a couple good ones came here and believed in him.

If that's how Kansas recruits in which they don't grasp at good players because they can't get them, I can definitely see why they've been regarded as one of the worst if not the worst P5 football program in the history of CFB.

No, if you read my post carefully I'm saying Campbell wasn't going to waste a bunch of resources on a player that had zero intentions of coming there. They were arguably the worst Power 5 program in college football at that time.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
False we offered 5 WR recruits that were higher ranked than Martin that year.

Yeah, you're right genius, Iowa State is so much better historically than Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Wisconsin. Their 2 wins every year were simply way above wanting any player like Martin.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
You’re a lying sack of ****. Those threads are filled with loser hawk fans like you trying to pretend you ******* matter.

You don’t.
tenor.gif

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

I'm calm, getting sick of all the constant bull**** being spewed on this thread. The kid is a stud who never would have came to Iowa State, I don't know why that's so hard for some people to admit.

I never thought I'd see the day where posters think they are too good for a 4 star skill player from Michigan, but this board never dissapoints.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I'm calm, getting sick of all the constant bull**** being spewed on this thread. The kid is a stud who never would have came to Iowa State, I don't know why that's so hard for some people to admit.

I never thought I'd see the day where posters think they are too good for a 4 star skill player from Michigan, but this board never dissapoints.
KLJC.gif

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You're the dumbest poster on this site if you think Iowa State had a chance competing against that offer list for a kid from Iowa City. Your posting in this thread is actually some of the dumbest I've seen in the history of this site.
Again, do I need to start up a poll? You would not fare well.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

CF never disappoints - hok boards on the other hand are a wasteland of worthless ineptitude. I get why you hang around here even though we drive you up the wall. I feel for you.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, you're right genius, Iowa State is so much better historically than Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Wisconsin. Their 2 wins every year were simply way above wanting any player like Martin.
I love how you don't even hide that you're not an ISU fan.