Iowa Football Recruiting

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
If both teams are ranked, people outside of the state might GAF. They do not GAF right now. The Super Bowl talk is boring.
It’s pretty common knowledge amongst hard core CFB fans that this game is usually pretty entertaining.

Was talking to an Alabama fan here in Destin (pan handle is full of them) and talked about the Iron Bowl. He said he thought the Iowa/ISU rivalry was pretty fun and is one of his favorite early season matchups. Brought up the overtime games...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It’s pretty common knowledge amongst hard core CFB fans that this game is usually pretty entertaining.

Was talking to an Alabama fan here in Destin (pan handle is full of them) and talked about the Iron Bowl. He said he thought the Iowa/ISU rivalry was pretty fun and is one of his favorite early season matchups. Brought up the overtime games...

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Makes sense that hard core fans would like it since good matchups can be hard to find in the pre-conference schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Makes sense that hard core fans would like it since good matchups can be hard to find in the pre-conference schedule.
I do agree that average Joe CFB fan doesn’t give a crap about ISU/Iowa. Folks who love it know it’s a pretty good rivalry

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Now that both teams are Top 25 caliber, it is as huge non conference match-up outside of the "Super Bowl" shtick both fan bases try and push.

I would sign up right now for a season where we lost to the hoks but played in the Big XII championship game.

EIU is the 10th most important game this year behind all the conference games and our bowl (11th if we make Big XII championship).

Hard to rate that as hugely important other than it will drive a bunch of jaw-jacking for a few weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan10

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
I would sign up right now for a season where we lost to the hoks but played in the Big XII championship game.

EIU is the 10th most important game this year behind all the conference games and our bowl (11th if we make Big XII championship).

Hard to rate that as hugely important other than it will drive a bunch of jaw-jacking for a few weeks.

Same here. Big 10 championship over beating ISU any day. Imagine a conference championship on top of a win over a Top 25 non conference opponent.

As far as winning your conference the game isn’t important. CFP rankings wise? Pretty important.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yessir. That is the division Iowa plays in.

Thanks Twins! Jimmy is all fired up now!!

giphy.gif

• Creative
Reactions: Jim Lahey

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Don’t be so hard on yourself.

So what was your last name on here?

And, seriously, why would you continue to re-register for a site of a team you don’t care about, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again? How devoid of meaning is your life?

• Friendly
Reactions: Hawkmi