Cyclones open as two-point favorite in Cy-Hawk 2019

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
cab3843b-fa77-44ed-a7c0-bad3e6b99b9a_text.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Campbell hasn't had his Cyclone teams playing very well until October. We'll see if he can change that trend. This will be a tough game. Both teams will have solid defenses and a lot of question marks on offense that might not get figured out until later in the year.
I tend to agree with that, but Campbell also has not had good luck. His first QB1 had a lot of talent but was a head case and had off the field issues (Park). We looked darn good offensively against Iowa @ home two years ago. Things seemed to be trending correctly then Kempt went down against Iowa and we were back to square one at the QB position and ended up having to turn to Purdy (which was for the better). Having a consistent QB the entire year should allow us to see great production and not have to take a step back and start from scratch.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
When does the sports book at Prairie Meadows open? Two point favorites against that fat immobile QB? Let's all enjoy Bailey and Lima crushing him into the beautiful turf of Jack Trice Stadium. Let's water the grass with the black blood of the infidels from the east.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What is Jack Trice worth in the spread?

Iowa would basically be favored on a neutral field, let's just say that.

We're ranked ahead of Iowa in most preseason polls, and we're at home, but Iowa is still basically favored on a neutral field. But I have no issue with that at all. It's not disrespectful until we can prove we can beat them IMO.

One of CMC's biggest faults IMO is his slow starts. That Iowa game last year was SO frustrating. Sure, Kempt got hurt in the 1st half, but that doesn't mean you have to go straight plain vanilla the rest of the game and not even make an attempt offensively to win the game, but instead just try to keep it close, but that's exactly what we did.

We didn't even try to throw deep to Butler, or run any counters or misdirection, etc. We just tried to run right into the teeth of Iowa's defense and play right into their hands. We need to be ready to play from game 1 every year instead of taking until game 3 or 4 to get up to speed if we ever want to win more than 7 or 8 games.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
So 2 seems about right, but I hope for a dominating win so my son can experience something better than an OT loss as his memory of CyHawk FB.