Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've told you guys about our Butts on a Bus before...we took the inaugural run in the new (to us) bus today, with about half of the group. We decided to do the Iowa Tenderloin tour. Minimum of 10 stops at the top 12 best sources around the state in two years. You get your "passport" stamped at each place, and if you complete the tour, you get a t-shirt. The Brick Street Market & Cafe in Bondurant makes EXCELLENT tenderloins, for a really good price. :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Had discharge papers from my grandpa. You are wliguble for a scholarship at ISU if you have a relative who served 6 months in WWI. Mine served 5. Always one short.

Made me check to see how many social security numbers are possible. If they use 0s in every spot, basically 1 billion.

Had to have a talk with mom this morning, nursing home time is upon us. It seems to tear me up more than her. Last week or two at her own home.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Busy busy weekend. Took of Thurs/Fri to try and get outside stuff done sans the baby. We've made great progress. My mom has her issues but when you need someone to help you get **** done, she's the person to call. She came up today to watch baby and then weeded most of of around our house during his nap, plus helped us replace the poor crabapple.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Just in time since the monsoons resume late tonight. :rolleyes:

Being very Wxman1 like tonight. Watching Smithsonian special on P-38's.

P-38's kick ass. I hope the next generations' wars they get in to that they can get all that war material and machinery like this we used to design and produce shipped over on barges in time and without colliding with any blue whales.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
also, the neighbors were all watching and wondering wtf we were digging out a beautiful looking crabapple tree to put in a different one. Cause we like planting trees in our spare time, that's why :rolleyes:

One neighbor had mentioned it to DH (so nice you're putting in more beautiful trees) and he's like nah the rodents killed the other tree, it just isn't dead yet.

I kinda regret our replacement choice though :( The prairie fire crab has such intense color, the one we got doesn't seem as intense but was supposed to have better ability to stay upright without lean (no protection from wind in this spont), fall color, and disease resistance. But pretty petals :(

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
also, the neighbors were all watching and wondering wtf we were digging out a beautiful looking crabapple tree to put in a different one. Cause we like planting trees in our spare time, that's why :rolleyes:

One neighbor had mentioned it to DH (so nice you're putting in more beautiful trees) and he's like nah the rodents killed the other tree, it just isn't dead yet.

I kinda regret our replacement choice though :( The prairie fire crab has such intense color, the one we got doesn't seem as intense but was supposed to have better ability to stay upright without lean (no protection from wind in this spont), fall color, and disease resistance. But pretty petals :(

People who plant for fun are the best! ;)

Dug up my dead azaleas but haven't mustered up to take down the two dead winged euonymus yet. This winter was a nasty mother. The euonymus are BIG, planted them a long long time ago, maybe 15 plus years ago. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836
Status
Not open for further replies.