Pollard pointing out the obvious

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He comes up with a story about how Notre Dame wanted to schedule Iowa but ISU would not let them out of the contract to do it. How about Iowa just miss a team out of the MAC those years.

Lol that's hilarious on so many levels. First off Notre Dame would never want to play Iowa and second off Barta knows he needs the ISU game and wouldn't even let us out of it when Pollard tried

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Name these top 5 wins. I was being kind about the turd sandwich schedule Iowa plays evry year. I know ISU beat Iowa at Iowa in one of its banner seasons. Your pride and joy orange bowl was against a 7-5 georgia tech team that shouldnt have even been there. Lowest watched bcs game in history. it was also 10 years ago. It was bound to happen in every contract negotiation Every Agent says well Dabo has multiple NT's and amazing teams he should make more than Kirk at Iowa. I am sure most agents start that way. List the wins.

PSU 2008
PSU 2009
MSU 2010
Michigan 2016
OSU 2017

Georgia Tech was 11-2 that year and ranked in the top 10.

Wrong again.

• Winner
Reactions: Hawkmi

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Lol that's hilarious on so many levels. First off Notre Dame would never want to play Iowa and second off Barta knows he needs the ISU game and wouldn't even let us out of it when Pollard tried
I don't think Barta knows his ass from a hole in the ground.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Ferentz is a decent coach, he was very good in the 2000's. Fran sucks and Brands turned a top wrestling program in the country to 3rd or 4th best in their own conference. Heller is supposedly good though
I'm surprised Bluder has lasted as long as she has in Barfa world.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
This ^ is easily the best post in this thread so far. Hands down.

Yes, it's funny how JP gets under the Hawkeye fans' skin. It's totally intentional, and they fall for it every time. Hawkeye fans all over the state have been talking about ISU all week because of this. It works every time, and it's hilarious.

And it's true that no ISU fan would trade any of our coaches with theirs right now, as they shouldn't, but it would be nice if we could win their Super Bowl game a little more often.

And as the above post also states..... JP would be even more impressive if he just started ignoring the TOE altogether. He tries to act like he doesn't care about them, but he's obviously obsessed with them. I'd much rather see him just ignore them. We don't need to talk about them any longer. We have MUCH bigger fish to fry nowadays.

I really like how Campbell ignores them for most part. Deep down you gotta believe he wants to put his boot to their throat this year.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I am proud of our coaches and would not trade them for anyone at TOE, but their coaches are no slouches.

Biggest difference is our AD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barfa.
Except Fran, don't lump that dumpster fire in with Brands, Bluder, and Ferentz

bear24

Aug 7, 2018
Ferentz is a decent coach, he was very good in the 2000's. Fran sucks and Brands turned a top wrestling program in the country to 3rd or 4th best in their own conference. Heller is supposedly good though

I am high on Dresser & Co.'s potential and super excited with what they are doing for the program but this comparison is ridiculous. 3-4th in the Big Ten wrestling still equates to 3-4th in the nation. You're not even mentioning the mentoring and international coaching that the Brands have done has led to some of the success of our assistants and thus indirectly to some of our own success. With that said, I am happy we have the coaches we have and hope over the next decade we can truly say Dresser & Co. passes Brands & Co.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Better coaches in my opinion

Basketball: Iowa state
Football potential: Iowa state
Football resume: Iowa
WBB: Iowa State
Wrestling: Iowa
Volleyball: Iowa State
Track/XC: Iowa State

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really like how Campbell ignores them for most part. Deep down you gotta believe he wants to put his boot to their throat this year.

While Campbell has not beaten the TOE, he has used that game as significant turning points in the seasons. I remember people saying how much he ripped into the team during the first year and how it helped create buy-in to The Process.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk