Pollard pointing out the obvious

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
CyTwins goal everyday is to troll the 4 hawk fans on this board

If Iowa athletics disappeared, he would literally be like...

g0sK.gif

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
In football we have the hotter, younger coach. But to flat out say he's a better coach than Ferentz who's won 152 games and 60% of all his games is a little short-sighted in my opinion. He might be boring, but he gets results.
How many first round draft picks did Iowa have this year? How many in the top 3 rounds? And what was their record last year playing 10 of their games against unranked opponents?

Ferentz continues to underwhelm with the talent he has. That's his mantra -- not changing his offense/defense to match the skills on the team. That's not the sign of a good coach.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
How many first round draft picks did Iowa have this year? How many in the top 3 rounds? And what was their record last year playing 10 of their games against unranked opponents?

Ferentz continues to underwhelm with the talent he has. That's his mantra -- not changing his offense/defense to match the skills on the team. That's not the sign of a good coach.
Yet he owns Campbell.

• Dumb
  • Agree
Reactions: ANF and Cycsk

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yet he owns Campbell.

If that's all that Hawk fans care about, then congrats.

Campbell obviously has treated it as just another game. He definitely wants to win it, you want to win every game, but he hasn't treated it nearly as importantly as Rhoads did, that's for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: Darling Picky

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I tend to think you give a football coach a pass on the first 3 or 4 years at a new school, unless you are a blue blood program. Campbell is 0-3 vs Iowa, making this game at home this year important. Not the most important game on the schedule but he needs to go on a run vs Iowa.

KF started out 0-4 vs ISU, and his win total the first three season was 1-10. 3-9, and then 7-5. before he hit three straight years with 10 wins or more. At this exact point in his career as Campbell he had 11 wins, and most Iowa fans were ******** that they should have hired Bob Stoops, I do not hear ONE ISU fan complaining about the hiring of Coach Campbell.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I tend to think you give a football coach a pass on the first 3 or 4 years at a new school, unless you are a blue blood program. Campbell is 0-3 vs Iowa, making this game at home this year important. Not the most important game on the schedule but he needs to go on a run vs Iowa.

KF started out 0-4 vs ISU, and his win total the first three season was 1-10. 3-9, and then 7-5. before he hit three straight years with 10 wins or more. At this exact point in his career as Campbell he had 11 wins, and most Iowa fans were ******** that they should have hired Bob Stoops, I do not hear ONE ISU fan complaining about the hiring of Coach Campbell.

I want the Iowa game this year to make up for blowing the 2017 game at the Jack.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Listen, I'm not trading any of the coaches but we should probably start beating them in a majority of the noted sports. Wrestling has been a disaster until recently and we aren't exactly on a winning streak against the Hawks. I appreciate the sentiment here, but we're not the bear right now and I don't blame anyone for mocking the notion that we are.
How @CyTwins disagrees with this is baffling.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not if you've been on this board long enough. Gotta hand it to CyTwins, he's probably the most prolific troll I've seen on these boards, and I've been on these things for 20+ years.
4/12/2006 is when I joined.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
lol Name a game that Ferentz has won. like a really good win. I remember the throttling of ohio state 2 years ago and a win against a couple good penn state team. Campbell already has as many top 5 wins as coach in Ames as Ferentz has in 30 years. Iowa's conference is trash continues to play nobody. Called up 1-800-cupcake again. Ferentz has 4 seasons above average for a top 5 paid coach. Give me a break.

Yah, all those recent wins against ISU. Weak wins 4 sure.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We're truly not going to be the bear until we beat them numerous times in a row in football. Thats just how the perception is. We'd be saying the same thing if they've beat us that many time in a row.
Let's start with this year. The Iowa game is bigger to mainstream fans than most bowl games. Need to win it.

• Disagree
Reactions: flycy

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We're truly not going to be the bear until we beat them numerous times in a row in football. Thats just how the perception is. We'd be saying the same thing if they've beat us that many time in a row.
I don't know, ISU won 7/10 from 98-2007 and Iowa was still the better program pretty clearly, so I don't think a few years of one rivalry game should be the barometer. Considering the results of the last two seasons and the rivalry game results make claiming ISU as the "bear" is a little outlandish, but as mentioned earlier, Pollard sees the long-run, and all of the macro trends in terms of alumni, student body, in-state fan support growth, and the POTENTIAL of ISUs football program under Campbell look like it is possible.

Pre-Pollard and Geoffrey ISU had some absolute incompetence at the AD position and ACTIVE torpedoing of athletics in the President's office. Meanwhile Iowa has enjoyed decades of having unprecedented stability and incredible support in their football program. The fact that we can look to the next five years and even have some sort of argument that ISU is in a better position is absolutely incredible.