Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

McCaffery (on Fredrick): “He’s complete. He can play the point, he can play the 2, he can come off screens, he can shoot 3s. He’s quick, and he’s a really good athlete. He can guard. He can get to the rim and finish. He can score in a bundle. He gives it up easy. Those guys are hard to find, guys that can really score."

Is this the guy who John Calipari would have offered if he had an open scholarship? The best player in Kentucky?

Gives it up easy? As in defense? He would fit right in.

I took that as he would lead the team in Bohannons with Jorbo out.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It didn’t happen two years ago.
Again, you're trying too hard. If you want to tack on another two months then maintain that thought process on here any time you discuss when anything happened.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why do you guys let the trolls dictate the terms of the discussion in this thread? Stop replying to them and continue with the enjoyment of EIU's demise.

Part of the goal of these trolls is to be able to point out how fixated our fan base is with the Hoks, when in reality it is just a few of you replying to a few of them over-and-over-and-over.

Please ignore them (with or without putting them on your Ignore list).

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Why do you guys let the trolls dictate the terms of the discussion in this thread? Stop replying to them and continue with the enjoyment of EIU's demise.

Part of the goal of these trolls is to be able to point out how fixated our fan base is with the Hoks, when in reality it is just a few of you replying to a few of them over-and-over-and-over.

Please ignore them (with or without putting them on your Ignore list).

There's a difference between a troll (CyTwins) and an idiot arguing in good faith (dexterhawk).

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Never.

Quit smoking Frost’s Johnson, it’s unseemly.

Johnson?

tumblr_n3giuwJm1D1qm3togo3_500.gif

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Yes. Have you?

CyTwins said:
I'm curious how you know a recruit nobody wanted is Iowa's best ball handler. I know the bar is low but you can't tell that off a highlight reel

Thank you, ha ha! @VeloClone

No, I haven't. The two I've watched have largely been him making lay ups. Go ahead post the highlights of him passing.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm pretty sure King Tavern Hok Hassel guaranteed an NCAA tournament berth and ridiculed anyone who disagreed.
I frankly think Hassel is a master troll. That was confirmed for me when Uthoff scored 30 in the first half and was shut out in the second half in the Cy-Hawk game. Hassel trolled the Hawk fans with his faux outrage on the ESPN set at the result. He played the hawk role to a T.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Moss leaving+JorBo injured = some salty Hawkeyes around here. It's weird even the normally tolerable ones have gone full YeahBuddy.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I frankly think Hassel is a master troll. That was confirmed for me when Uthoff scored 30 in the first half and was shut out in the second half in the Cy-Hawk game. Hassel trolled the Hawk fans with his faux outrage on the ESPN set at the result. He played the hawk role to a T.

You're giving him way too much credit. While he's taken on a self-aware Hawkeye schtick lately, he was your standard Muscatine Hawkeye early in his career at ESPN (and before). He was fully on board with the Iowa basketball hype after Jorbo's freshman season. A lot of Iowa fans were, and it was partly tied to their perception that ISU was about to fall apart with the graduation of Morris and Co.

And then they went 14-19. Hassel was roasted by Freezing Cold Takes for days.

His "Rose Bowl" comment after that game was 100% genuine. He was an idiot that used his platform to **** on ISU every chance he could. He's a douche.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and ATCy

Help Support Us

Become a patron