***Golf: PGA Championship-Bethpage Black***

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Everybody should go to ****'s or Golf Galaxy to get a form for this promo before the tourney:

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/s/rorywins

If Rory wins (not likely, but who knows?) you can mail the form in to get a free TaylorMade driver. They'll also reimburse you if you have purchased one within the past couple months (only their newest model).

Reactions: isutrevman

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I'm liking the new schedule a lot. The spacing between the majors seems just right so far.

I think it's time for them to be done with the "featured pairings". It's a major and everyone needs a fair shake at this. As an example, I can't imagine Molinari is too excited about being grouped with Tiger for another two days after the Masters. (I might be wrong about his feelings on things, but it's just an example).

The pairings make for good TV on Thursday and Friday, but as long as it isn't random, I can't help but feel there are some people getting screwed while others are getting a more comfortable draw. Save that stuff for the Waste Management Open.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Everybody should go to ****'s or Golf Galaxy to get a form for this promo before the tourney:

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/s/rorywins

If Rory wins (not likely, but who knows?) you can mail the form in to get a free TaylorMade driver. They'll also reimburse you if you have purchased one within the past couple months (only their newest model).

Well you have to buy one of them first.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'm liking the new schedule a lot. The spacing between the majors seems just right so far.

I think it's time for them to be done with the "featured pairings". It's a major and everyone needs a fair shake at this. As an example, I can't imagine Molinari is too excited about being grouped with Tiger for another two days after the Masters. (I might be wrong about his feelings on things, but it's just an example).

The pairings make for good TV on Thursday and Friday, but as long as it isn't random, I can't help but feel there are some people getting screwed while others are getting a more comfortable draw. Save that stuff for the Waste Management Open.

What? Molinari was playing with him anyway. That's been how the PGA pairs for as long as I can remember. Otherwise, these guys all know each other. Tiger is really the only guy who has an influence and if Brooks and Molinari can't handle it, that's on them.

• Agree
Reactions: Deanster

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

I wonder if this leads to a swing change for him. I've heard analysts talk about his swing not being able to hold up long term because of how hard he swings every shot and the stress it puts on his back. He really bends his back awkwardly. Maybe the wrist injury had something to do with the relative violent nature of his swing? That's the reason Tiger changed his swing after winning the Masters in '97. He said it was unsustainable because he basically had to swing as hard as he could every shot.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I wonder if this leads to a swing change for him. I've heard analysts talk about his swing not being able to hold up long term because of how hard he swings every shot and the stress it puts on his back. He really bends his back awkwardly. Maybe the wrist injury had something to do with the relative violent nature of his swing? That's the reason Tiger changed his swing after winning the Masters in '97. He said it was unsustainable because he basically had to swing as hard as he could every shot.

His swing will be very hard to change. I doubt this is related to his mechanics.

Reactions: isutrevman

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Well you have to buy one of them first.

As a matter of fact, you don't..

"To claim your free driver if you did not make a Qualifying Purchase, mail your completed original Refund Promotion form (name, address, phone number, email address (optional)), and whether you want an M5 or M6 driver in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to retailcomm / Attn: Rory Wins Sweepstakes / 13810 Welch Road, Dallas, TX, 75244."

But don't go get a free form before Thursday, I don't care.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
The winning score for the 2009 US Open, won by Lucas Glover, was -4. That was 2 shots better than PM, Ricky Barnes and David Duval(!!!!).

The PGA is, relatively speaking, usually set up for better scoring than an Open.

The welcome sign,
Bethpage-Black-Warning-Sign.jpg

Reactions: Go2Guy

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The winning score for the 2009 US Open, won by Lucas Glover, was -4. That was 2 shots better than PM, Ricky Barnes and David Duval(!!!!).

The PGA is, relatively speaking, usually set up for better scoring than an Open.

The welcome sign,

Reminds of that sign hanging on the clubhouse at Ponderosa back in the day that said “no beginners allowed”. Lol.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

The welcome sign,

People we're freaking out about this course one other time about how it's length and forced carries were going to get the pros.

Tiger showed up and hit all irons.

Was that a PGA?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
TNT and CBS will provide TV coverage of the 2019 PGA Championship. Here's the complete TV schedule for all four rounds: (all times EST)

First Round, Thursday, May 16
TNT: 1:00 – 7:00 p.m.

Second Round, Friday, May 17
TNT 1:00 – 7:30 p.m.

Third Round, Saturday, May 18
TNT: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
CBS: 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Fourth Round, Sunday, May 19
TNT: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
CBS: 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Latest posts

Help Support Us