Alluvial Brewing

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I had previously found Torrent "meh", but I stopped in this winter and really liked about everything they had on tap. There were some really good IPAs and pales. I'll be checking in next weekend, but based off my last visit I'd definitely recommend it.

While Olde Main leaves a ton on the table with lame beer, I've never had a problem with their service or food. The lack of focus on the beer is such a head scratcher though. A lot of people know how to make at least good beer, but they can't seem bothered to do it.
Does Olde Main actually brew their beer, or do they just ferment it like Granite City? I believe GC's "brewery" is up around Story City, is it not?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Does Olde Main actually brew their beer, or do they just ferment it like Granite City? I believe GC's "brewery" is up around Story City, is it not?

I have no clue on either front. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The more time I spend thinking about why Olde Main doesn't have good beer, the angrier I get. They obviously have the money to invest in a good brewer. They have the equipment. Ames knows good beer. Why is it so hard to get them to just make better beer? ****. It's a great space and location. QUIT SUCKING.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
I have no clue on either front. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The more time I spend thinking about why Olde Main doesn't have good beer, the angrier I get. They obviously have the money to invest in a good brewer. They have the equipment. Ames knows good beer. Why is it so hard to get them to just make better beer? ****. It's a great space and location. QUIT SUCKING.

maybe the water isnt as great as they say

• Dumb
Reactions: discydisc

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Olde Main has a lot of space, a saloon atmosphere, decent food and average beer. I didn't think it was a dead ender as other's have said. I often wondered why it wasn't more a "hopp'n" place at times. People are expecting more I guess when same town breweries are getting high praises.

Wonder if they could up the game by connecting with another quality brewery and offering BBQ. That's my fantasy brewery.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
maybe the water isnt as great as they say
anigif_enhanced-14941-1401274833-7.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Olde Main has a lot of space, a saloon atmosphere, decent food and average beer. I didn't think it was a dead ender as other's have said. I often wondered why it wasn't more a "hopp'n" place at times. People are expecting more I guess when same town breweries are getting high praises.

Wonder if they could up the game by connecting with another quality brewery and offering BBQ. That's my fantasy brewery.
Cornbred BBQ is taking over a huge chunk of the depot. This will probably be your place if they have tapped beer.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone