Why didn't Chizik demand a replay on the final play in OT???

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It was an obvious catch in the endzone, but we have review in college football. We were entitled to have that play reviewed. We should not have left the field either.

/sarcasm

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
That's funny....not flaming...it really made me laugh.

Good team u guys have!!! Wish you nothing but the best for the remainder! I was thoroughly impressed!! (even though I still think your coach is a douche) for lack of a better word:wink:

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Should have gone to OT IMO. You have to go for two with .03 left and on the road. Win it then or lose it, doesn't matter. need to give it a shot especially after driving 98 yards in less then 2 minutes. Go big or dont get off the plane.

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
Should have gone for 2 rather than OT IMO. You have to go for two with .03 left and on the road. Win it then or lose it, doesn't matter. need to give it a shot especially after driving 98 yards in less then 2 minutes. Go big or dont get off the plane.

fixed it for ya :wink:

DefendtheStreak

Sep 18, 2008
Vegas
Good team u guys have!!! Wish you nothing but the best for the remainder! I was thoroughly impressed!! (even though I still think your coach is a douche) for lack of a better word:wink:

He's is a douche, why wouldn't you? Him winning two games in a row is not going to erase the whole "leaving the field" thing in your guys' house. He's an embarrassment.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
fixed it for ya :wink:

I would have preferred we went for two. We had all of the momentum, and I wasn't all that confident that we'd make the PAT. In retrospect, if we had a timeout left, I don't think it would have been all that outlandish. But, as it was, we had all the momentum, and no reason to believe that we wouldn't pull it out in OT...

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
He's is a douche, why wouldn't you? Him winning two games in a row is not going to erase the whole "leaving the field" thing in your guys' house. He's an embarrassment.

Thank you for seeing it for what it was... a complete lack of respect!! Im glad to see thats not what you stand for!!

Again, best of luck!!! I think I speak for most of the fans here, youre welcome back anytime!! Youre insight was greatly appreciated!!

Wish we could play it again tho:wink:

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
I would have preferred we went for two. We had all of the momentum, and I wasn't all that confident that we'd make the PAT. In retrospect, if we had a timeout left, I don't think it would have been all that outlandish. But, as it was, we had all the momentum, and no reason to believe that we wouldn't pull it out in OT...

Exactly why I was content with OT at that point.:cool:

But, sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is do....and for the 2nd week in a row, they made the play when it really needed to be made:no: perfect throw, prefect catch....game over:sad: you cant take anything away from that deciding play.... well done UNLV.:dull:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Going for two crossed my mind, but we did have all the momentum at that point.

Yes, we did have all the momentum at that point, and letting the game go into OT killed that momentum. It gave UNLVs coaches time to regroup their players, gave their D a few minutes of rest, and let them plan an offensive series - albeit a short one.

We just drove the length of field in under 2 minutes, I'm guessing their D might have been a little gassed. Why not try to take advantage of that?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Yes, we did have all the momentum at that point, and letting the game go into OT killed that momentum. It gave UNLVs coaches time to regroup their players, gave their D a few minutes of rest, and let them plan an offensive series - albeit a short one.

We just drove the length of field in under 2 minutes, I'm guessing their D might have been a little gassed. Why not try to take advantage of that?

DING DING DING!!!! Basically that was like giving them a timeout, a chance for the shock to wear off and a chance for them to put a plan into place. My guess is that Chizik would not finish the game the same way.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
DING DING DING!!!! Basically that was like giving them a timeout, a chance for the shock to wear off and a chance for them to put a plan into place. My guess is that Chizik would not finish the game the same way.

Had he gone for two and failed then it would have looked like an brain dead call. I think that the reasons you said to go for 2 are reasons to me to wait for overtime. We had all of the momentum and if your defense has been on the field quite a bit, they are going to be tired regardless of if they got a couple minute break.

Bottom line..........We imploded in the first half and had we played any better in the first half, we could have won without overtime. don't go questioning one call in a game full of many blunders....

Fixable blunders I might add...:mask:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I am with the going for 2 here. The UNLV defense had to be a little shell shocked after the TD. It would help if the Clones could run the stupid ball in short yardage situations. I guess I look at it as amazing that they had a chance to tie the game after a 98 yard drive, so push things a little harder when you have the chance.

A week off will let the coaches work on short yardage and PFs.:cry: