All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Purdy has a 174.5 QB rating and even you will admit Montgomery is an absolute stud so I'm curious why that is funny to you? Haskins is the best QB in the Big Ten and hes statistically worse than Purdy going against a MUCH easier schedule

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Purdy has a 174.5 QB rating and even you will admit Montgomery is an absolute stud so I'm curious why that is funny to you? Haskins is the best QB in the Big Ten and hes statistically worse than Purdy going against a MUCH easier schedule

Is Montgomery an absolute stud though? He is averaging fewer yards per carry, has fewer TDs, and fewer receiving yards than a certain JUCO RB that nobody wanted.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I dumbed it down for you. You idiots sure are on a high after beating a pathetic team. Where were you the last 3 weeks?

I've posted here regularly just not in this thread. Mainly because of responses like yours. Insulting me because of a benign post that you disagreed with? That's childish. It's weird that you're so upset despite my clearly stating ISU is Iowa's best win.

I also don't see any Iowa fans thumping their chest after beating Illinois. We're still upset about the three losses before that game. Stanley and the Ferentz brain trust really botched those games. I'd take Purdy over Stanley all day. I really like his game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So stats matter when determining how good a QB is, but they don’t matter when determining how good a RB is? Interesting.

Montgomery has played less than any RB you have, has played a top 3 schedule (Iowa isn't even in the top 30) and has a patched up OL thanks to our previous coach

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I've posted here regularly just not in this thread. Mainly because of responses like yours. Insulting me because of a benign post that you disagreed with? That's childish. It's weird that you're so upset despite my clearly stating ISU is Iowa's best win.

I also don't see any Iowa fans thumping their chest after beating Illinois. We're still upset about the three losses before that game. Stanley and the Ferentz brain trust really botched those games. I'd take Purdy over Stanley all day. I really like his game.

Yawn

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Montgomery has played less than any RB you have, has played a top 3 schedule (Iowa isn't even in the top 30) and has a patched up OL thanks to our previous coach

Montgomery has 50 more carries than a certain JUCO RB nobody wanted and has fewer TDs and receiving yards, despite playing against largely garbage defenses.

It also seems strange to blame the OL’s performance on the previous staff- this is Campbell’s third year, that should be enough time to develop some competent OL.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
well, there was absolutely no D played in the Maryland/OSU game...I’ll give you that. Thought I was watching OU / OsU or something...

That wasn't the first time OSU has given up big chunks of yardage. It's been pretty common, actually.

Wiscy/Purdue wasn't much better. Score didn't reflect it because Wisky plays a shorter game, but there was almost 1,000 total yards between the two before OT, and that wasn't new for them either.

PSU, NW, Illinois, Nebraska all have a hard time stopping the ball from what I've seen. Iowa doesn't when the QB throws to space.

I think Michigan's starting to show some holes and OSU is going to light them up next week. And guess who will end up in the CFP?

Agree that OU and Okie State don't D up. OU CAN with their athletes but they still look hungover from having Mike Stoops lead them. OSU has been leaky for years although they made the stops yesterday.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Agreed, which is why I am so surprised that Montgomery’s are so pedestrian considering the garbage defenses he has played in the Big XII this year.
WV, yes that WV, gives up less yards per play than Wisconsin, NW, Ohio State, Minnesota, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska, and Illinois.

Your defense shtick is old and tired. We get that you love to talk about it but damn get some new material.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It also seems strange to blame the OL’s performance on the previous staff- this is Campbell’s third year, that should be enough time to develop some competent OL.
You would think that in year 19 of being head coach at Iowa, Kirk wouldn’t have had the worst wide receivers in all of the power leagues either.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
WV, yes that WV, gives up less yards per play than Wisconsin, NW, Ohio State, Minnesota, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska, and Illinois.

Your defense shtick is old and tired. We get that you love to talk about it but damn get some new material.

The Big Ten has five teams in the Top 25 of the opponent-adjusted defensive efficiency rankings. The Big XII has one. West Virginia is ranked amongst Big Ten teams like Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, all teams that many on this forum have mocked for having porous defenses- and West Virginia is the 3rd best defense in the Big XII. That is pathetic.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Big Ten has five teams in the Top 25 of the opponent-adjusted defensive efficiency rankings. The Big XII has one. West Virginia is ranked amongst Big Ten teams like Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, all teams that many on this forum have mocked for having porous defenses- and West Virginia is the 3rd best defense in the Big XII. That is pathetic.
Ohio State giving up a hundred to Purdue and Maryland is beyond pathetic.