Maryland/Iowa...

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He said Babb would be Iowa's 12th best player under his old username if you want an idea of how dumb he is

I wish Iowa had expectations in basketball. Their souls were crushed last year and now there are no outrageous predictions this year.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I wish Iowa had expectations in basketball. Their souls were crushed last year and now there are no outrageous predictions this year.

Iowa needs to learn how to play defense before getting expectations up. At least under Tom Davis, they were fundamentally sound in all aspects of the game. Fran's a tireless recruiter but he needs to learn to tweak his system a bit. To win in the Big 10, you HAVE to play defense and that has been the Achilles Heel of the vast majority of his teams.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Is Iowa back to being big time?

Kind of a silly question to ask in October. I'd wait until January. Iowa still has to play on the road at Penn State and then have remaining games with Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois and Nebraska as well. Iowa lost to three of those teams last year. It appears Purdue finally figured out that Blough should be their starting QB. Not sure why they didn't early on in the year but then again their current backup was the MVP of their bowl win last year vs Arizona. I think Northwestern and Purdue were going through some early season teething troubles, especially on defense. Who knows? Both teams have excellent QBs but suspect defenses.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Iowa needs to learn how to play defense before getting expectations up. At least under Tom Davis, they were fundamentally sound in all aspects of the game. Fran's a tireless recruiter but he needs to learn to tweak his system a bit. To win in the Big 10, you HAVE to play defense and that has been the Achilles Heel of the vast majority of his teams.

He's a tireless recruiter?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron