SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
How long before Kirk tweets out "Dear NFL teams thinking of making a new hire I’ll save you your coaching search firm fee-go DIRECTLY to Ames, IA and get Matty Campbell FAST!!"

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Oh for the love of God. Not again.

I'm with you. I was completely surprised by his name in the article. Of course we've all heard the rumors about big college programs, but this is the first I've heard his name and NFL interest. I'm sure the McVay success in LA has NFL GMs looking for other young, energetic coaches to build around.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Browns job could be coming open soon...

...and Baker Mayfield just needs some confidence, man.

The guy would be the next Paul Brown if he brings a Lombardi to Cleveland.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
No; in interviews he's expressed his undying allegiance to the Browns. KXNO, podcasts, etc.
Yes. He is a big fan of the Cavs also. i.e. a person from Ohio.

Fred Hoiberg was a person whose dream job was known from the start of his coaching success. Even if he never said it word for word, you could tell. Matt Campbell has never given that indication. What he has said is how he loves the recruiting aspect of college football, he loves being able to mold young peoples minds and make them better people, he has said how he would want nothing more than to create a lasting legacy at a single place, which is rarely done in todays college football any more.

If you have any indication or quote that shows he has interest in moving to the next level, or taking on a larger challenge, then I am more than happy to eat crow. But your statement was based in assumption.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
CMC is raising his family in Ames. He's not leaving. Not for a long time. We will build a statue of him in Ames.

I love the guy too, but I'm just hoping for some meaningful November football for a couple of years before we lose out on the sweepstakes for his services. Anything beyond that, I'm just setting myself up for heartbreak.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
CMC does not have the winning record for the transition to the NFL yet. I say this not to be a Debbie Downer but he's had 1 winning season at a P-5 school and a few winning season at a MAC, thats just the facts of it right now. A few more successful years here, then maybe.

Help Support Us

Become a patron