Hilton Magic 2018

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Oct. 12 7pm the unofficial start of BB and a chance to see the the new and returning players. Looking forward to see both the men's and women's teams. WOOT!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!

Lots of people like to whine about this event but I'll be there!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Magic is better than circuses. I don't like ventriliquists either. or clowns. or operas. The nineteenth century called and wants its entertainment back. Magic is good though.

• Funny
Reactions: Nothingman

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
It seems like ours is geared toward families and junior cyclones while KU and others is more toward the student body.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Bumping this since it's...this Friday?! My wife just mentioned it to me and it surprised me that it's this week. I haven't heard or seen much promotion about the event this year. It's just my feeling, but I wonder if it will be a little subdued this year after having a down season. Are people planning on going?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Bumping this since it's...this Friday?! My wife just mentioned it to me and it surprised me that it's this week. I haven't heard or seen much promotion about the event this year. It's just my feeling, but I wonder if it will be a little subdued this year after having a down season. Are people planning on going?
I've only seen this tweeted and re-tweeted in a few places:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We are. But I haven't heard much buzz about it around here either.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm in but, the buzz seems down. I always like getting a peek at both teams early. Never know who any of the new people are on either team at the start of the season.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really liked the format last year. Best ever. The cardinal and gold game that alternated quarters between the men and the women was cool.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really liked the format last year. Best ever. The cardinal and gold game that alternated quarters between the men and the women was cool.

For the record, at the CF Tip-Off party, I asked who was responsible for last year's Hilton Madness format (that I really liked) and Coach Prohm gave credit to Micah Byers.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Doesn't look like this will be on Cyclones.TV - hopefully someone puts it on Facebook Live or Periscope!