ISU @ UNLV - On Directv??

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I apologize for starting yet another "Iowa State football on TV" thread, but I haven't seen if this had been addressed yet. Some of us will not be able to go to Vegas for the UNLV game in two weeks. On cyclones.com they have listed MTN for television coverage, which I can only assume means Mountain West Network, or some iteration of that. Before I invite a truckload of people over to my house I'd like to find out if we will even be receiving the broadcast in central Iowa?? I have Directv and have never come across an MTN channel, but I rarely make it into the 600's anyway. Will a subscription to the sports pack be required for this game?? Thanks in advance!!

-James

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Yes, channel 616. Buy the Sports Pack for 31 days, it'll cost you $12. Well worth it.

Reactions: JRCampy

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Yes, the Mountain is part of the Sports Pack, new this fall. It's only been available for about a week, I think. I watched part of the UNI-BYU game on the Mountain on Saturday. Wasn't nearly as polished as the Big Ten Network, but it's still football on TV.

Reactions: JRCampy

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
How about if you had Fox Sports Network or the digital sports package from mediacom? Do you still get that game on some channel?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Directv's sports pack is actually on a free-view that weekend, so you won't need to sign up for the game if you don't have it already!

Sweetness. You just saved me 12 bucks! :notworthy:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
How about if you had Fox Sports Network or the digital sports package from mediacom? Do you still get that game on some channel?

If it's only on the MTN, I doubt you'll get it on anything from Mediacom, since they don't carry the MTN. I don't think Dish carries it either.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Directv's sports pack is actually on a free-view that weekend, so you won't need to sign up for the game if you don't have it already!

I believe you, but do you have a source?

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Yes, the Mountain is part of the Sports Pack, new this fall. It's only been available for about a week, I think. I watched part of the UNI-BYU game on the Mountain on Saturday. Wasn't nearly as polished as the Big Ten Network, but it's still football on TV.

Does that mean that the production quality is about on par with Ames public access? :confused:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I wonder if any bars in the Des Moines area will carry it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron