Kinnick north end zone renovation

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm not really arguing anything here. My point is is you guys just put nearly a hundred million dollars in a renovation project. Personally I think the end zone looks pretty sweet but you couldn't put in some simple stormwater management infrastructure?

Nah nah nah...”historic” storm water management.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Going to look so badass.

1*Nh8wdpWwGLzd6IaY1PKD2w.jpeg
After seeing this photo, it begs a question or two.....or three:

Does adding this new addition mean Kinnick remains historical...or....

is it now considered hysterical....or....

with this addition is Kinnick now historically hysterical?

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Is it true the flooding was due to a coach in Iowa City clogging the toilets?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There was flash flooding in Iowa City and 82mph winds by the stadium, I don't think anyone would be playing. The field was drained within 30-45 minutes. The bubbling process is actually a way of reducing stress on the pumps by pushing excess air under the surface of the grid.

Happened in frost city to both fields there. You are making crap up with that. Know those guys and know what Austin MN has and nothing is even close to your dope smoking.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It is very ugly, no doubt there. It doesn't match up with the rest of the stadium at all. Like you said, it's basically just a straight line across and none of it matches up with the sides at all.

And then they have that awful field turf on top of it. Players do not like playing on that crap anymore at all. It's more dangerous to the athlete. And who knows how safe it will be on Saturday with all the damage done to it with yesterday's storm?

Here's a pic I found showing how horrible this looks.....

DltqMA4U4AEToZD.jpg

That looks terrible from that angle. Wow

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: breck53 and Daserop

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Lol at Iowa State fans saying the renovation looks ugly. Every single fan in America (other than some of you, apparently) would prefer Iowa’s renovation to having a scoreboard that looks like an exit sign on I-35.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...you're comparing a 2018 end zone project to a 2011 scoreboard?

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol at Iowa State fans saying the renovation looks ugly. Every single fan in America (other than some of you, apparently) would prefer Iowa’s renovation to having a scoreboard that looks like an exit sign on I-35.

The SEZ upgrade at JTS looks a million times better than what I'm seeing so far with this NEZ little flood thing you guys got going on

ThriceHawk

Mar 21, 2018
Happened in frost city to both fields there. You are making crap up with that. Know those guys and know what Austin MN has and nothing is even close to your dope smoking.

You're talking based on the assumption I expected you to agree. You have people here actually saying Iowa's NEZ is ugly and that Hilton is better than Kinnick LOL... of course you're going to make up something like that as a response.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53