Iowa State hoping to unveil new uniforms in 'next month or so'

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Can we all admit that @amestoplease should have been on CMC's uniform committee? I know I wish he/she would have been on it.

But this has always been one area where JP screws things up. As good as he is at being an AD, he is not good with logos, colors, etc. The fact that the "bugle" ever happened is a very black mark against JP and his fashion sense.

And I'm guessing he probably left the design of these new uniforms completely up to CMC and company, which is ok, as long they have good "taste" and the ability to keep our traditions intact since they are complete outsiders.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just expect them to suck at this point. The wait, pretty much assures my suspicions. They are ashamed!!! Jimlad sort of.

Probably best to assume we are going to hate them, then we can only be pleasantly surprised, right?

I know CMC heard an earful in the Tailgate Tour from fans not wanting black, but I'm sure it was too late at that point to do anything about that.

I'm perfectly fine with black in an alternate uniform, although I'm not sure how keen I'd be if there is gold in the uniform anywhere along with the black.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Probably best to assume we are going to hate them, then we can only be pleasantly surprised, right?

I know CMC heard an earful in the Tailgate Tour from fans not wanting black, but I'm sure it was too late at that point to do anything about that.

I'm perfectly fine with black in an alternate uniform, although I'm not sure how keen I'd be if there is gold in the uniform anywhere along with the black.
So what you're saying is a bunch idiots will ruin it for the rest of us?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
First set with gold helmet tornado on it is really sharp...true deep Cardinal with actual gold..not bright McDonald’s yellow. K I’m done

I agree on going to cardinal and true gold as primary jersey colors. ISU would be unique with these colors. If one were catching game highlights, a fan would immediately associate with ISU vs. So Cal.

Logo's and design to me are the icing on the cake, but every new coach and time goes on people are looking for a change. But using deep cardinal and true gold should be our primary brand identity forever.

Not saying we can't occasionally use grey or white, but that should be a 1 or 2 game a year exception. Not a fan of black at all since that is primary color of the Hawks.

Last edited:

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Probably in the minority here but, being in Pac 12 land, I really like Washington's unifoms.

Anyone who is good at photoshop, put Cardinal and Gold on them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 11.36.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 11.36.51 AM.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 204

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Count me among those who "do not care for" the bugle logo. However, I fear its place is secure. Sorry for the poor resolution of this photo, but I took it at the ISU-UI wrestling meet so I had a record of the graphic. The bugle was on the ribbon board (maybe other places) at every home wrestling meet last year. Sigh.

Attachments

• ISU-UIboard.jpg
    ISU-UIboard.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Agree
Reactions: 67CY

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Count me among those who "do not care for" the bugle logo. However, I fear its place is secure. Sorry for the poor resolution of this photo, but I took it at the ISU-UI wrestling meet so I had a record of the graphic. The bugle was on the ribbon board (maybe other places) at every home wrestling meet last year. Sigh.
Yeah, its a thing. The more we fight the harder it will be

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I saw an interview with CMC (maybe it's even in this thread -- too lazy to go back through it) where he said they weren't going to hide them. As soon as they are finalized they will share. So I don't believe they are sitting on them for dramatic effect.

Naddafinga

Aug 14, 2013
IA
isu_football_side_concept19-jpg.56165

MAKE IT SO

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Love the helmet logo.

Not sure I want to trade the "looks like USC" comments for "looks like the 49ers" comments. Regardless of our history, nobody is going to care that we used to have these colors before the 49ers.

Help Support Us

Become a patron