Royce White on ESPN today

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I'm not going to waste my time going through that whole thread again.

You were pretty insistent that he explain exactly what policy changes he wanted, which is what you spouted off in this thread about.

You weren't exactly trying to see eye to eye with him.

Other posters were much worse, that I can attest to. He was getting a lot of **** from multiple posters, most of whom shut the hell up when he showed up to defend himself, while other internet tough guys kept getting in his face and talking ****.

Yeah, I had questions for him. I wasn’t disagreeing with him regarding mental health, but rather interested in what the problems were. Asking questions doesn’t mean I was disagreeing.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah, I had questions for him. I wasn’t disagreeing with him regarding mental health, but rather interested in what the problems were. Asking questions doesn’t mean I was disagreeing.

Yeah, you were being real pleasant. I'm sure.

You have no idea what he or anyone else in life is going through, so maybe you should let him deal with it.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Yeah, you were being real pleasant. I'm sure.

You have no idea what he or anyone else in life is going through, so maybe you should let him deal with it.

If you are so insistent that I was being a jerk about his mental health, go find it. Let him deal with it? I was asking questions about HIS issues.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
What issues did he deal with in the NBA? I’m aware of the issues with mental health, but what does he think would have helped him succeed? He has obviously talked to people in mental health fields so what would he implement to help? What are certain things in the NBA that were problems for him?

Let me call him up and ask him.

Maybe he didn't feel like he had to explain himself to some random dude on the internet?

I seem to remember you going on and on about what his plan would be, just like in this thread, and as I said, he might not know exactly how to administer a Mental Health Plan for the NBA.

I don't think that was his major at ISU.

If you weren't trying to be a jerk, well I hate to tell you, you came off as one.

• Agree
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If you are so insistent that I was being a jerk about his mental health, go find it. Let him deal with it? I was asking questions about HIS issues.

MAYBE HE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE HE HAS TO EXPLAIN ALL OF HIS PERSONAL ISSUES WITH YOU!

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
MAYBE HE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE HE HAS TO EXPLAIN ALL OF HIS PERSONAL ISSUES WITH YOU!

Well that would have been a simple response, I suppose. He spent the better part of the day explaining all of past run ins with the law, however. So maybe talking about the mental health, which is what his goal is, would have been a reasonable thing to do. But you can be angry with me, i suppose.

• Funny
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Well that would have been a simple response, I suppose. He spent the better part of the day explaining all of past run ins with the law, however. So maybe talking about the mental health, which is what his goal is, would have been a reasonable thing to do. But you can be angry with me, i suppose.

It wasn't all you, but I don't remember you being particularly pleasant. You were hounding him and your buddies who just chimed in above were ripping him for everything he's ever been accused of.

All I know is that I was pretty ashamed of how some of the "Cyclone Faithful" treated Royce. I left that thread pretty ticked off and disappointed.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It wasn't all you, but I don't remember you being particularly pleasant. You were hounding him and your buddies who just chimed in above were ripping him for everything he's ever been accused of.

All I know is that I was pretty ashamed of how some of the "Cyclone Faithful" treated Royce. I left that thread pretty ticked off and disappointed.

Then you should get a grip.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

Asking questions is now being unpleasant?

I laughed about him comparing himself to Anthony Davis. That’s about it.

Also, Royce deleted multiple condescending posts in that thread, fwiw.

I would sincerely like to know more about his battle in the NBA and it’s ok if he doesn’t want to share it, but he seems to want to as he is going on a tour talking about it. I don’t think my questions were out of line, so I’m not really going to worry about it.

Reactions: JBone84

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Doesn't that come with the territory of leading an effort? If he's leading the charge he should be fully prepared to answer what the positive changes are since he's talking on the big stage now.

Count me as one thinking there was no discussion as to what those changes were or why they were necessary.

He's a former ISU star but he's in a different role now. He'll need to up his game to be the leading advocate for mental health.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Royce has a great argument, but is doing a lousy job furthering it. He could use a PR coach, it would make him MUCH more effective. He is a great ambassador for this, and is an inherently likeable guy. He just needs some coaching to be able to do it better (as would we all).

I really wish him the best, his heart is totally in the right place and I think he is doing this to help others, not just for his own ego or benefit or publicity.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Using words that you don’t understand, to try to make you look smarter than you are, makes you look really dumb.

I love Royce, what he did for our University, and support him in his mission. I think he may have a good point with all of this, but it gets lost on his poordelivery. I hope he can learn to be more effective in bringing these issues to light.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
anyone watch it last night? i was with him for most of it until the very end when he started talking about being like Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
What issues did he deal with in the NBA? I’m aware of the issues with mental health, but what does he think would have helped him succeed? He has obviously talked to people in mental health fields so what would he implement to help? What are certain things in the NBA that were problems for him?
In his Real Sports interview last night he said back in 2013 that he wanted the Rockets to have an independent mental health Dr to have final say on him if he was experiencing issues on whether he should play that particular day. Basically wanted accommodations for his mental health to be treated the same as orthopedic injuries and not be forced to play when he was experiencing issues just like someone with an ankle sprain wouldn’t be forced to play.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Then you should get a grip.

You didn't think anyone was being rude or condescending in that thread? If not then you weren't paying attention. I won't say that Royce handled it perfectly either, but there were definitely posters on the attack and that wasn't called for.

If you think everyone's behavior was perfectly fine then that's your issue I guess.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You didn't think anyone was being rude or condescending in that thread? If not then you weren't paying attention. I won't say that Royce handled it perfectly either, but there were definitely posters on the attack and that wasn't called for.

If you think everyone's behavior was perfectly fine then that's your issue I guess.

For some reason some of these posters think Royce owes them something, it's like they are pissed that the NBA didn't work out and it's a reflection on their ISU fandom. They are the ones that need to get a grip, Royce gave us all that he needed to in his one year here. Everything that happened or didn't happen after he decided to enter the draft has no effect on any fans fandom and that is the reality of the situation.

I personally respect Royce more because he stood by his beliefs and left potentially millions of dollars on the table because of he felt what he believed was more important.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
In his Real Sports interview last night he said back in 2013 that he wanted the Rockets to have an independent mental health Dr to have final say on him if he was experiencing issues on whether he should play that particular day. Basically wanted accommodations for his mental health to be treated the same as orthopedic injuries and not be forced to play when he was experiencing issues just like someone with an ankle sprain wouldn’t be forced to play.

I have a feeling that would be a very difficult thing to have in a contract.

• Disagree
Reactions: CY88CE11

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron